Boot disk

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by borobob, May 17, 2002.

1. borobob

borobob Guest

I will be upgrading to a new motherboard and cpu this weekend (1900+ and asus A7A266-E) and 512 DDR.I will need to reformat my hard drive ,,,how do I make a boot disk to get into dos and what do i do when i get there..Any help would be appreciated.

2. koko

koko Got Root?

3. borobob

borobob Guest

Hi koko,,,that may as well be written in japanese for me matey...which one do I need and what do I do with it?

lol...Just treat me like a retard.

4. borobob

borobob Guest

xp retard is back......

ok,created the boot up disks,,rebooted with #1 in,,,,asked for# 2.........then ...........
    file \ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded error code 7

So what does this mean and what can I do to format my HD....................HELPPPPP

5. borobob

borobob Guest

just found this,,,once again it seems to be in japanese,,,could some kind soul explain what this means..

link to my problem??

6. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

what hard drive do you have?

7. borobob

borobob Guest

Fujitsu MPE3204AT

8. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I was hoping Fujitsu had a hard drive setup utility that you could use, they don't. Let me know what file system you have (fat32 or ntfs)... that will determine whether or not you need to use Fdisk to prepare your drive before formatting it.

9. borobob

borobob Guest

how would i know which i am using?

10. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Open windows explorer, right click on your drive> properties. On that window it will tell you what you're running.

11. borobob

borobob Guest

:eek:) fat32

12. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

WAY cool... that's easy. Go here (same link koko provided) and download the Win 98se.exe file and follow the in instructions for creating the boot disk. Boot to that disk and at the command prompt type in "Format C:" w/o the quotes.

13. borobob

borobob Guest

will give it a go,,,,thanks again

14. scut

scut Guest

change setting in setup when you turn on your computer to boot from cd first the restart with xp cd in your cd drive and re install it will ask you were you wont to put it and weather to format

15. scut

scut Guest

r u on xp pro or home edition