Blueyonder User? Very good news indeed!...

Haven't NTL recently raised their prices though? Making it a not-so-free upgrade.

I wouldn't mind if Pipex reduced their contention ratio on the existing packages to 20:1 instead of the current 50:1 for home users. At least there'll be assurance that the connection speed will remain at a very high speed. errr.. 512Kbps (£23.44)
Wouldn't mind paying a few squids more for double the speed too. :D

Ofcom needs to redefine the word Broadband.. not like Oftel didn't 'try'. lol
The ISPs are saying that 150kbps connection is 'broadband' and this extends to cover the 4Mbps service too whereas the narrowband service only includes upto 56kbps.

yeah people like tiscalli saying 128k is broadband is just a joke :(

SPeedY_B said:
Haven't NTL recently raised their prices though? Making it a not-so-free upgrade.
I think they raised the 1Mb to £37.99 a month instead of £35

Pfft, Covering their asses. NTL suck more than a Dyson.

Henyman, I think it was unofficially decided that 128k was not broadband, hence the "free" bumps up to 150k to most 128k-service customers. However, I'm pretty sure there is still not official ruling to what speed is "broad"

i personally think anything under 512k is narrowband. 512k or over is broadband, there should be an official ruling really :D

Evil Marge said:
Not here they haven't.
Because You're not a 1mb user.

Henyman said:
i personally think anything under 512k is narrowband. 512k or over is broadband, there should be an official ruling really :D
512k is narrowband in my opinion. When people are sat on 3.5mb, 10mb, 26mb and even up to the ridiculous 100mb.. 512k seems pretty insignificant ;)

Oh, there's more good news for UK broadband, check the front page in about 10 minutes :D

broadband refers to it being always on more than the speed at which it operates

but 56k can be "always on" if ya dont turn it off :p ;)

broadband is merely the speed at which you are conencted. A side perk is that your always connected without having to wait to connect.

Henyman said:
but 56k can be "always on" if ya dont turn it off :p ;)
Dial-up is always on, it's only the crappy, and in my opinion badly named, "unlimited" packages with their 2-hour cut-offs that aren't.

You can get a subscription based always-on dial-up package in this country for £99.00 a month ;)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back