blue screen of death help plz???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by beanie1000, Jun 4, 2002.

1. beanie1000

beanie1000 Guest

i have
    jetway raid mobo
    1.4 athlon
    512 ddram
    fm801 sound card
    geforce 64 ultra
    plex 24 writer
    80 gig western digital hdd
    and two 20 gigs raided

i turned off restart if fails
    and message i got was
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

TECH INFO
    ~~~STOP:0x0000000A(0xE104 B020,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x805DCC5B)
    PLZ HELP I JUST DONE CLEAN INSTALL OS IS XP HOME EDITION

2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

i have a strange feelin' about your soundcard . first check that all your components are full compatible with xp at : www.microsoft.com/hcl

3. beanie1000

beanie1000 Guest

hardware is ok,i have turned a fan on inside case blowing cool air on harddisks and it hasnt crashed,does that soud like it could be a prob overheating,i dont understand the error it gave me and the tech info,thxs for help and anymore u got

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

what's your temps? u running hot? what are u running when it fails? need a lot more info.....

5. beanie1000

beanie1000 Guest

cpu running at 54c
    sys temp 27c
    i think it might be the raided hard drives they r old seagate and ibm disks ata 66 and 5400rpm
    the housing that holds them is tight to the hard disks them selfs and feel damn hot to touch

6. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Look like a faulty driver (why does M$ makes it so complicated?). You wrote that you just did a clean install of Windows. Have you updated your drivers yet? Or have you used the drivers that came with Windows/ Windows Update? If the last option applies, go to the manufacturers website of each component and update the drivers if possible. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usually points to a driver that works, but has a tiny bug inside it. I'm with Cosmin about the soundcard. Is it one of those cards without a make? I bet it causes the problem.

7. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

temperatures seems to be normal ... :rolleyes:

8. beanie1000

beanie1000 Guest

cheap nasty sound card,fortemedia card,but they dont support the card with drivers
    im using512digital drivers for xp to malke it work

9. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

agree with cosmin temps are a little high, but okay.

try moving the sound card to different slot, if u can't get updated drivers, try a different sound card.

10. beanie1000

beanie1000 Guest

thxs for help,just wondering if u know anything about asus adsl router,the last 4days cs pings r like dial up modem,im on pipex adsl anduse uk2net servers for cs,jolt servers r good pings of about 20-30ms

11. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

I don't know about asus adsl routers, but there are network guru's here somewhere ;)