Blue Screen of Death, Error 0x0000008E

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by tomstarits, Jun 22, 2005.

1. tomstarits

tomstarits OSNN One Post Wonder

OK, I am running out of options!!! I keep getting this error OxOOOOOO8E (0XC000005, 0XBF837815, 0XF1B5BA68, 0X0000000). Following this error is Win32k Sys Error. I get this error evertime I try to run a game or a program that I need for my school.
    I have called HP, and of course I can understand anything that they say, because none of them speak bery good english, so we just run around in circles. I am pretty new at this computer thing, and dont know where to go next. Every form shows something different and is getting me confused. Please help. I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2, with all updates.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

This here at Microsoft is for setting up XP but you might try some of the things mentioned to see how it goes.

3. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

4. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

OK, checking the STOP messages, it indicated:

You might want to check the hardware compatibility list from the sound of it, and also make sure all your device drivers are up to date...

BTW, and given it mentions hardware compatibility issues, information concerning both the hardware in your PC, as well as what drivers you're running with would be helpful for peeps to diagnose this...

5. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User