Blue Screen During Start Up After Driver Installation?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Liminality, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Liminality

Liminality Guest

Hi, I don't really know much about XP, since I did just get a month ago. >_>

But anyway, I have a GeForce fx5600 MSI manufactured, and recently I tried to use LiveUpdate to update the drivers. So, there were some new drivers for my video card and I downloaded/installed them. After I restarted my computer, it would start up for awhile, going to the XP load screen etc etc, then there would be a blue screen with too many things to read on it. It didn't look like one of those "0xx000" etc errors, more like something explaining. After that it rebooted, and I just selected "Go Back to Last Known Good Configuration" or something. I think these are mainly for the drivers updates, because Critical Updates for Windows update fine for me.

I did rollback my computer to what it was before, but, I think now the video drivers are a bit more old than it originally was.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well, but, did anyone try to update their VGA drivers and get the same thing?
  2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

L'Ile Perrot Quebec
  3. Liminality

Liminality Guest

Just tried. Still the same thing. Is there anyway to stop the screen so I can actually read what it says? All I could pick up was a problem in the computer.

And "Run System Configuration" or something...
  4. Alucard-O

Alucard-O Guest

Go to Control panel -> System -> Advanced tab -> Startup & Recovery settings and untick automatically restart .