blue screen application-ish

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok, not sure if this is even the right topic to have put this in, but only one i could think of.

Is there a program that can track exactly what is causing a BSOD in XP, and maybe what caused that to cause an error? Can't figure this thing out. I only ever get blue screens when downloading with BitTorrent. If i'm downloading with BitTorrent, but playing a game full-screen game at the same time, i don't get a blue screen (as far as i know. downloaded a relatively small 6 MB file, and didn't get it while i had Worms 3D running). If i'm not using BitTorrent, my PC runs perfectly fine.

dont think there is a program that does that but if you remmeber what the bsod is saying you can google for it and find more bout it

most of the time it winds up mentioning a system file, i think from Norton or NVidia (think the name of what was mentioned was ndis.sys). rarely i get one that mentions tcpip.sys. I have also gotten one that mentioned ks.sys, but the only way to get the patch for it is by contacting microsoft. Which to me is pretty stupid, since it's like "ok, so you have experienced this problem? well, we're not satisfied. contact us so we can verify that you actually did have this problem"

sorry bout double post.

This is the first time i've ever had this system file mentioned. Not sure why this one came up, unless XP hates my modem that much when i'm using BT. wonder what that ndis.sys is for though. :confused:

could be a problem w/ your NIC and amount of bw BT is using. what NIC do you have?

seems like the file thats giving you problems is USBPORT.SYS. what devices do you have attatched to the USB ports? one of them is probably having driver issues.

ElementalDragon said:
most of the time it winds up mentioning a system file, i think from Norton or NVidia (think the name of what was mentioned was ndis.sys). rarely i get one that mentions tcpip.sys. I have also gotten one that mentioned ks.sys, but the only way to get the patch for it is by contacting microsoft. Which to me is pretty stupid, since it's like "ok, so you have experienced this problem? well, we're not satisfied. contact us so we can verify that you actually did have this problem"

In XP I have had 3 blue screens of death, all three nvidia faults.

Maybe I think like in win98 you could create a log file that could be created on desktop from windows, which would tell you what and which had caused bsod :eek:

I suspect your graphics card/drivers

ElementalDragon said:
sorry bout double post.

This is the first time i've ever had this system file mentioned. Not sure why this one came up, unless XP hates my modem that much when i'm using BT. wonder what that ndis.sys is for though. :confused:

Right - I used to get exactly the same BSODs when I had the Geforce fx5200 card in - now I have upgraded to an ATI 9700 pro and I no longer get them :cool: SOOoooo IMHO you could suspect your graphics card (although I agree the USBport file indicates there may be issues there too).

what NIC do you have and have you check to make sure not IRQ conflicts w/ video card?

-edit- what BT client (version) are you using?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back