Blink-182 "Break Up"

TittleBitties said:
"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

www.blink182.com

Not really breaking up more of a break.

I cant find that on there site, but I did find this:
Rock guitar virtuoso Dave Navarro (Jane’s Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers) issued an apology to pop-punkers Blink 182 this sunday, after falsely reporting that the trio had broken up. Navarro and Blink were slated to play a Tsunami Relief concert on Friday, the 18th, and when Blink pulled out at the last minute, it was announced that they had broken up.

Dave Navarro on www.6767.com:
It made sense to us because it was an important show for an important cause. You're right. I shouldn't repeat things that aren't confirmed and I apologize to the band and their fans. Honestly, it was a mistake.
http://suicidegirls.com/news/music/7258/

I'm hoping those rejoicing realize not everyone shares their taste in music.

they havent posted it on there site because it's not soppose to be big news as it has become. They are on a "BREAK" nothing else.

Bman™ said:
they havent posted it on there site because it's not soppose to be big news as it has become. They are on a "BREAK" nothing else.

Don't take this the wrong way but how sure are you on this?

My daughter has a friend who's uncle is a roadie for Ozzy Osbourne and knows people *nudge nudge* and apparently he's told her not to get her hopes up as shes a huge fan :alien:

:(...I love Ozzy! I am gonna be heart broken when ozzy retires :(.

TittleBitties said:
:(...I love Ozzy! I am gonna be heart broken when ozzy retires :(.

As soon as he started doing those < cuss words > "The Ozbournes" TV show, all respect I had for them went WWWHHEEEEEEEEEEEeeee out the window :rolleyes:

You must of not knowin ozzy before his show. He has cussed forever and why would u lose repesect for someone that swears?

Anyway...i think blink-182 is gonna take a break and then retire. They are gonna wait to be with there kids and watch them grow up some before/if they get back to makin music.

TittleBitties said:
You must of not knowin ozzy before his show. He has cussed forever and why would u lose repesect for someone that swears?
Thats not what he mean't,he was calling the show a swear word :laugh:

TittleBitties said:
LOL...who cares if they havent grown up. They are enjoying there life and have fun doing it. There music is aimed towards teens like me not older people. They must have grown up some what if they have a family now and that they are taking time off for them (or so they say). Are you gonna tell Weird Al to grow up cause of his songs too?

wierd al doesnt pretend hes still in highschool.

LOL...he does alot of childish songs even tho i like them.

If all the bad music goes away, how will we know whats good?
How will we mock those with terrible tastes, and justify our own?

I think this is terrible news.

prodj88 said:
yeah it was kinda obvious they were ognna break up sometime when those 2 dudes joined that band box racer car or somethin!

Actually... Box Car Racer was a side-project... it was a while ago and Blink 182 was still together when BCR was working on that album... it wasn't at all obvious... Anyways... apparently nobody even really knows for sure if they're broken up or on hiatus so this thread is pointless...

Tuffgong4 said:
plus I can't say I'm disappointed they aren't going to be doing anything for a while. Every single one of their albums after dude ranch was not very good and should be put in the bargain bin with N Sync...I used to be a fan but not anymore.
I miss old Blink.
hey im with u to an extent, i must say that cheshire cat, buddah n dude ranch(definately my fave) were much better blink then enema of the state, but thats because all the "teeny boppers" jumped on the band waggon, ive got a few britney spears and delta goodrem loving friends who didnt even know blink had albums prior 2 emema, so yes amen to that!...but i do like TOYPAJ n Blink182, it just shows there music has grown up abit i guess.
i really miss old blink as well! blink182 is just not the same as the bad vocals and rough sounds on buddah!
i am a true fan, so i hope this is all bull shyte...but if it turns out 2 be true, i will still love them always, they r in my oppinion(not every ones i am sure, but each to their own) the greatest band ever....long live the blink spirit, the fans will keep it alive!

these types of things happen with Blink 182 type bands though...I've been a huge fan of punk music for a long time(and I don't mean Sum 41, Good Charlotte, New Found Glory) and I've watched some bands change to try and sell more albums. Nothing wrong with trying to make money but there's a catch to doing it. For every Blink 182 and Good Charlotte that make a lot of money being on MTV there are 100 other bands that try and fail.

What happens is they change their music so their first fans don't like them anymore. They gain a lot more fad fans that just want to be "punk" or rebel against their parents and sell more records. But when the fad fans get 15 minutes of being a rebel stop and they move on to the next fad the band has alienated the old fans and the new fad fans don't like them anymore so they end up with 0 fans. It's just sad to see some really great bands turn into something they aren't and then have their dreams fail.

Case in point a band called Suicide Machines. They were a mix of ska and hardcore like nothing I've ever heard. They'd have songs that sounded as hard as thrash metal and have the next one be a ska song. They preached and preached in their music about what not to be and then they tried to be something they weren't. Their song that hit MTV was a poppy song about being their dog called "Sometimes I don't mind"

case number 2...Reel Big Fish. They were never about being hard or anything they were just a really talented ska band that had some really good songs...Their first hit on the radio was called "Sell Out", one lyric and I quote " the record company is gonna give me lots of money and everything's gonna be all right" What happened next for the band...a spot on the morning talk show on tv hosted by Donnie and Marie Osmond!!!!

I don't care if bands try to make money cause that's what it's all about...it's just a very tough thing to do and you end up losing power over your music and your first fans end up being dissappointed...I could name more bands but this post has already gone way too long

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back