Bit confused about DX9

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by OTE, Jan 6, 2003.

1. OTE

OTE Guest

I thought DX 9 wasnt supposed to be out until march sometime, so how come everyones started d/l it. I tried but it fooked my system couldnt even get to Windows.
    I generally dont get the situation at all :confused:

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I heard m$ released it so I dled it and dled the dx9 drivers for my video card as well...

works like a charm so far... as stable as my cat 2.5 set and I am having no probs @ the moment....

3. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Downloaded it a couple of days ago, totally buggere* up my system, had to re-apply my drive image, no more DX9 !!!

TOK

p.s. yes I have a "DX9 compatible" graphics adaptor etc.!!

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Been using DirectX9 since its first release and am using the final version here now, no problems. Directx 9.1 is also on the agenda too.

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

DX9

I also dl'd the directx 9 from microsoft and its fine on my system works great ..... very stable for me I am using the 4109 det's on a geforce 4 .... with an Athlon 1800+ with 640mb ddr 2700

6. Nedreplan

Nedreplan Guest

Dx9...issue

My BF1942 started to act up on me after I installed Dx9..
    I think I will stick to Dx8.1 until Dx9.1 is released.....hopefully that will fix it...

I can see a trend here, everytime MS has released a Dx version the X.0 has always been "not so good", while the X.1 has fixed it all..so why release a X.0 version at all, why not wait until they have come to terms with the bugs and just release the X.1 version?..:rolleyes: I can wait until then..no stress :cool:

And I am still waiting for the european 1.2 patch to be released..weird..I live in the country where the game is created and soooo slow with the updated patch for it....:huh:

Cheers!