Biostar GEFORCE 6100 AM2 motherboard and a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

biscuitfeeder

OSNN Newbie
I have the Biostar GEFORCE 6100 AM2 motherboard and i want to purchase a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ CPU to put in it but before i go and spend my hard earned money i just wanted to see if anyone on here can tell me if there would be any kind of compatibility issues? I have also seen that you can over-clock it quite a bit and was also wondering if anybody had any suggestions as far as CPU fans that should go on this monster CPU?

Any help is much appreciated :classic:

Thanks

I checked and this appears to be the motherboard that is in my system: GEFORCE 6100-M9 SOCKET 939 Does this mean i have to use a 939 chip-set processor "only"?

I checked and this appears to be the motherboard that is in my system: GEFORCE 6100-M9 SOCKET 939 Does this mean i have to use a 939 chip-set processor "only"?

The 939 doesn't refer to a chipset.
It means you simply have to use a processor with 939 pins to fit the 939 holes on the CPU socket :)

Looks like you're stuck with 4800+ as the maximum.
I did try to find a BIOS update to increase this ceiling limit, but couldn't.
You may have more luck though having more pertinent information to hand when you look.
I hit a wall when presented with the following.

http://www.biostar-usa.com/cpusupport939.asp#GEFORCE%206100-M9

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

So should just an AM 2 Processor work with this motherboard? I am thinking like this: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800 AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ 2.4ghZ(2400Mhz) Dual Core Socket AM2 L2 Cache:512KB x2 CMOS

All AM2 CPU's are 940 pin count.

If you are using a 939 pin count CPU, you won't be able to use a 940 pin CPU

Heeter

make SURE you know which motherboard you have before buying a processor. a good way to do this is to look on the motherboard itself for a model printed in large print right on the board. like "GeForce6100-M7" for instance. or download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com and run it. it will tell you under the Mainboard tab.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back