Bioshock

I've got a good one for you. My AVG picks up BioShock.exe as infected with a virus. I can't play the game anymore.

You got it backwards, the Bioshock .exe is not infected, it is the infection. :lick:

Either way, I can't play it anymore. I've spent $50, just to be able to play once! And of course, no answer from2K Games!

Have you tried to reinstall? Is it actually infected? Have you tried updating your virus software?

He might have, he just hadn't planned on the free rootkit, courtesy Sony.

What's with the new plastic wrap look that they are giving games these days. I remember back in Photoshop there was a manipulation tool that did the same thing it put a plastic coating over everything and melted it so it was shinny. It was always my biggest gripe with the halo series graphics, instead of being grungy and dirty everything was shinny, spotless, and plastic coated. From the pictures it looks like this is the same way.

I reinstalled several times, only to get both the Virus check and invalid signature. I turned off AVG, and I still got invalid signature. And yes I did check for a rootkit, I was clean.

Apparently the copy protection has been successfully bypassed as of today. It's sad that legitimate users have to resort to piracy sites just to get their purchased product to work.

The problems admittedly affect a very small portion of the owners, but it's unsettling that it affects anyone at all.

Did a little Google search and it seems to be an AVG Free version problem, as someone with Pro version said it was fine. :) Not a great solution but if you still want to run AVG you could try what this guy said ...
AVG Free was saying that it was a virus for me too. I couldn't play the game until I turned off Heuristic Analysis in Resident Shield.

Some people just love blaming the rootkits.

It's not as bad as y'all make it out to be. And it's a hell of a lot better than earlier implementations.

Whatever helps cut down pirates of the game == fine with me.

Well, just to be odd, I installed it on my Vista side, and I was able to install it without a hitch. Just goofing around, I started the game from the XP side, (you don't have to reinstall it), and it worked fine. I also did a full scan with AVG Free, and it didn't find BioShock as a viris. Oh yeah I finished the game!

Dont have enough free time to play as muchas I would like these days ..

Played it all the way through now, and here's my slant on it.

The game oozes style, has outstanding sounds and voice acting, and even entertaining combat. What it lacks in originality it (nearly) makes up for in ambiance. Solid entertainment for sure, but the reviewers may have gone a little overboard with the praise.

It's not revolutionary in the slightest; there is no individual aspect in this game that hasn't been done before. The greatest strength of Bioshock is its ability to cherry-pick the best aspects of what's been done and package it into a cinematic experience. It's no mean feat to have things put together in such an orderly fashion, and the linearity can be forgiven since they have to trade freedom for cohesive plot sometimes.

I was very disappointed with how linear the game turned out to be, considering how much the devs had bandied about the "multiple ways the goals can be achieved".

Yah, well picking different weapons sort of isn't what I consider "multiple ways of achieving the goal".

It is a pretty game. However, the absurd FOV f*ckup that is STILL present in the official game is a travesty, espeially considering there are 3'rd party hacks for it. Implement it in the bloody game already :(

I don't want to break my OFFICIAL game to be able to play it properly :D

Well moving has kept me away from Bioshock for some time but I loved it as far as I've gotten. There are too many games that have very poor stories, and not that this one is ground breaking, but it feels good to me. I feel immersed and love it. It feel original and I do like the different ways to kill things. From hacking turrets to blasting back with telekinesis or just electrocution it just feels like a good game.

I might be crazy and usually don't get caught up in hype but this one got me and I'm not even probably half way through.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back