BIOS upgrade for GeForce TI4200??

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by zino, Apr 7, 2004.

1. zino

zino OSNN Junior Addict

So, ive been doing lots of testing, and O/C ing with my card, and it all works fine..games run as best as they can i guess, without crashes, etc....

However being the geek that i am:D , i began to wonder if these cards had a bios upgrade which would improve their performance, even without O/C....

I did a ton of search, and went to the manufacturer of my card (PNY), and found nothing that came close to a bios update guide/software/file on their site.

I have look around the net, and mostly ive found bios updates for FX cards, but nothing really for the TI cards.

So, my question is, do these cards need it? Have any of you done it? Did it improve the performance of your card?

Thanks for the help...

Cheers.

2. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

I know that they have a bios chip but I don't think that they are flashable.

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

i think it's only the refrence cars from nvidia that could be flashed, all the other makers lock the BIOS to stop it being flashed, my asus ti4600 couldnt be flashed, may she rest in peace..

4. zino

zino OSNN Junior Addict

ahh, that could explain why there isnt a single reference to bios update on PNY's website...

Thanks for the info...:)