BIOS update for ASUS

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dreamliner77, Jan 31, 2004.

1. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Ok, I have a board here that I just built a new (old) machine with. It came out of an old HP.

Here's specs:
    Asustek CUV-NT rev 1.04
    Nothrbridge: Via VT82C694X
    Southbridge: Via VT82C596B

It's a socket 370 board with a PIII 933

Any idea if i can get a bios update for it, or one for another board may work?

HP site is useless for that kinda stuff.

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

3. dreamliner77

yeah, gonzo, tried those. No good. Hoping maybe someone has some insider knowledge, like maybe this board is sold as something else under the ASUS label.

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

I did a search. The CUV-NT can still be bought. ASUS servers are a mess right now. I did get through to this page but they don't show the CUV-NT as one of their boards. It must be a faked up number for HP.

Sooo...

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download2.aspx?item=CUV&type=like&file_type=BIOS

You need to go through the different cards on this link I dropped and see which has the same hardware (northbridge, southbridge, lan, usb chips etc.) as yours. Thsi will take some time. You could also try running sandra on the baord and see what info (like real MB name) is hidden in the bios.

At least the via drivers are easy. :)

Update: You probably have the latest. Those Bios are all 2-4 years old.

5. dreamliner77

Yeah, this bios is pegasus version 2.02 from 2001. And the via drivers aren't that easy, I have yet to be able to successfully update the 4in1's.