Bios settings dont stay after unplugging power cord...

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
Hey I have a computer that I want to sell for some money and everytime I unplug the power cord it loses its bios settings. It dont do this when i turn the computer off and leave the plug in. I changed the battery and it still does it so i aint to sure what it is. I was wondering if changing the power supply would work? I have a new one that has never been used that came from a computer case my friends uncle got. Anybody have any ideas if the power supply wouldnt do anything?

Power supply should not have any effect on it if it's unplugged since the CMOS settings run off the battery. My guess would be that either the replacement battery is bad, or...try unplugging the power cable from the wall socket and then also unplugging the molex connector from the power supply to the mobo. Leave it overnight and then plug it back up to see if the settings stayed. It could be that the power supply is somehow draining the battery. Sounds weird but I've seen stranger things.

how? the battery works on the other computer just fine. Maybe i shoudl try the battery from my main computer and see if that does anything.

alright i found out the problem. The dumbass i got the motherboard from (everything on the computer i am selling was free so i aint losing money) didnt have the lil jumper thing on so it would reset everytime. So i found an extra one put that in shut off the computer,took the plug out, left it out for awhile and pluged it back in and bam it works :).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back