BIOS for my Creative GeForce 3 ti200

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Glaanieboy, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

As I had troubles with my tv-out on my Creative GeForce 3 Ti200 card, I contaced Constumer Support. They provided me a new BIOS for the vidcard. I updated the BIOS, but I also noticed, no backup was made. my computer ran fine afterwards, so I didn't pay much attention to it.... until last weekend, when I wanted to play Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I installed it, updated it and I want to play. But I saw horizontal beams floating above the gamescreen. At first, I thought it was the game, but when I installed Star Trek Elite Force, the same beams came in the screen. I tried every nVidia Detonator I could find, but no luck.
    I downloaded some OpenGL demos from the net, and I noticed some little screen-errors in them too.
    I think the last BIOS screwed things up, as the games ran fine two months earlier. I haven't upgraded any component. The thing thank made me point to the BIOS is the following: I tried making a screenshot of the beams, but when I pasted it in Paint, the beams were gone, like they never where there.

Does anyone has been through this before?
    What did you do to solve the problem?
    and finally: Where can I find a list of BIOS updates for my videocard? (I already contacted Costumer Support for any earlier versions, but I want a list anyway)

2. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

What version drivers are you using ? This may seem like a silly question but have you tried changing drivers ??

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

is the card overclocked ?, has the new bios alterd the stock running speeds of the card, try a GF tweak utility and underclock the card to see if the problem vanishes.