bios access prevented

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by alloy25, Jan 29, 2003.

1. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

I cant get access to my bois ( Delete @ Start doesnt work) to change some settings.......How do i get into a pre-made comp's bios to change settings????

Have tried the f12 key & f12+crl keys and many more combos....none work....it just throws me into start up......PLZ HELP!!!!

computer's specs:

Acer Aspire 6392R.
    600mhz Intel Celeron processor
    256 SD Ram
    :( :huh:

2. Lighter

Lighter . . . . . . . . .

You should be prompted with the command key needed to enter the bios, but try F2.

If you have one of those annoying ACER splash screens on boot-up, hit esc to reveal the boot process.

3. jkipk

jkipk OSNN Addict

Quick and dirty method: remove 1 stick of memory (if you have more than 1). Bios should detect change and ask if you want to run setup. It's worked for me in the past.

kip

4. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

You should be prompted with the command key needed to enter the bios, but try F2.

If you have one of those annoying ACER splash screens on boot-up, hit esc to reveal the boot process.

Have tried all of the above but it all failed......more sugestions......

Quick and dirty method: remove 1 stick of memory (if you have more than 1). Bios should detect change and ask if you want to run setup. It's worked for me in the past.

kip

i installed a new stick of 256mb sdram and it didnt work either??????? has any one got some more suggestions or do i give up and not worry about the bios???????:(

5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

I am trying to remember what it was I think it was

ctrl+alt+shift

or

ctrl+alt+esc at bootup

one of these was the way to get my acer aspire ( 4 years ago)

to go to bios ...... try one of those

6. Yharn

Yharn meh.

are you using a wireless keyboard? I know people that can't access thier BIOS using a wireless keyboard. If not try just hitting every button until it works. Thats usually how i do it if i can't figure out how to get in, eventually I'll get the right button.

7. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

re:kermit

Iwill try ctrl+del+esc....the other combo doesn't work......cheers

re:yharn
    are you using a wireless keyboard? I know people that can't access thier BIOS using a wireless keyboard. If not try just hitting every button until it works. Thats usually how i do it if i can't figure out how to get in, eventually I'll get the right button.

this method sounds a bit scary...wat happens if i press and delete the rong thing???????scary:eek:

8. yoyo

yoyo _________________

What keyboard are you using? There are also problems with USB keyboards sometimes.

9. alloy25

alloy25 Guest

Yes I do have a usb hub keyboard but I got into bios after Kermit made the suggestion of using ctrl+alt+esc.....

thank you to everyone that posted a reply and tried to help.......special thanks to Kermit for ur success...:D :) :happy: :cool: ;)

10. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Great news glad I was able to remember that lolol

:rolleyes: