Binning ME

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
Now, before anyone moans at me I know I've asked this before, but we've all got more experience now so maybe someone knows the answer.

I have a dual boot system with ME on my C drive ( Hard disk 1 ) and XP on D ( Hard disk 2 )

I want to get rid of ME without having to reinstall XP

So my latest theory is...............

Make an image of XP with drive image.

Wipe C

put Image of XP onto C

Run the repair option from xp setup because of no boot sector etc ( was on C )

Will this work ? :confused: :confused:

Hmmmm, thanks for the reply, I like the test theory but this of course might trash XP, maybe not so much of a problem because I have the image but I would like to know if anyone has achieved this before I don the battle gear and go in.:)

<<<< (waits to 'don' either the throne of genius or the dunce cap). Good luck. ;) :p

Doh !!

I can be thick at times, If I make an image of me and XP then no matter how much I screw them up I can always pu them back. ( still like to know though ! )

Yeah I noticed that, But I've just thought of another issue, all refereces for installed software will be D not C ( Oh dear :( )

True. It will be a hassle for a while as you're prompted to change each reference path when you click on a shortcut, but I don't think it will be that big of an issue compared to doing a complete reinstallation, which is of course then next viable solution.

Oh what the hell, I'll try it at the weekend when O have plenty of time , thanks Lonman

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back