Bing uses google search results.

This is HILARIOUS!

Also, am I the only one who noticed that in the Bing "search overload" ads, they are basically making fun of themselves? Seriously, every search engine BUT Google produces the results described in those ads.

The thing that is funny to me is that Microsoft makes a living out of ripping off other people's ideas. They are neither innovative or creative in anything.

Matt Cutts (Google employee that protects you from Google spam searches) has been covering this all day, and was on a panel with Bing folks talking about this today. :)

Bing is getting a lot of flack over this lol.

I don't put too much into all this.

I have tried almost all the search engines including Yahoo and they all give the same results for words I search on.

So....are ALL search engines using Google?

I highly doubt it.

My impression was that they were all using Overture?

I have tried almost all the search engines including Yahoo and they all give the same results for words I search on.

I highly doubt it.

Well, they will all most likely give you relatively the same results for common search terms. In this instance Google was creating bogus garbage gibberish and Bing was coping it verbatim and giving it similar ranking as Google.

I highly doubt it.

Interesting. I keep trying new search engines because I hate giving any company a monopoly position but keep going back to google because I get much better hits.

I highly doubt it.

Yahoo is powered by Bing... so yes you will see the same results :p

Of course the searches on bing and yahoo! would be similar - Yahoo and Microsoft partnered up -> Yahoo, Microsoft Partnership Cleared

They seem to be searching google at the same time and adding them to the results as well.

I'm going to to take a swing at explainig this, pure speculation, no inside information;

I suspect all search engines use some logarithim that takes into account the results of other search engines

the fact that google is the most pervasive would make that same logarithim bring google results to the front

I am saying my guess is that google does the same thing but useage stats would still bring their own results before the other search engines even if all three were using exactly the same perameters, technology and software for their search

this looks like a cute google set-up which they themselves would fail given the same perameters the other search engines face

Last edited:
Well....I guess this answers the question.

Microsoft Exec Admits Bing Uses Google Search Data / Infopackets.com

Maybe all search engines use Google data.

they do, and google uses all other search engine data just the same

microsoft just said pretty much what I speculated, they didn't admit to anything that other companies don't also do, don't forget, that information is in the public domain, notice the bold here, that pretty much exposes google's claim as rediculous

Microsoft wasted little time in defending their search practices, dismissing the set-up as nothing more than a "spy-novelesque stunt". The company also pointed out that of the 100 decoy queries Google had established, only 9 were duplicated by Bing.

proving microsoft does not use public domain google data for much, however all search engines would be designed to consider other search engines results;

Microsoft Admits Some Poaching

One Microsoft executive did admit that Bing (on occasion) uses data from Google searches in the Internet Explorer 8 browser to improve their results, but also emphasized that all data is voluntarily supplied by users. In other words, Microsoft only uses borrowed data to improve Bing's search quality.

I would take any bet and lay odds that google uses packets from the other search engines as well, it would be incompetent to not

look, I use google not bing and I have no dog in this discussion but google is just pulling a stunt

I am saying that google would fail the same test they claim the other search engines are failing

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back