Bill Gates CES 2006 presentation

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
I was wondering what others thought of BG presentation at CES this week in Las Vegas. http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=1242 I guess I was a little dissapointed in the Vista display but maybe its because it what we have all seen already in 5270. I sort of laughed at the airport scenario when he is sitting at the table with the phone and he sets it down, uses his fingerprint to get the display on the table. I just kept thinking of all the fingerprints left on the table after awhile. "windows security" issue for the future. :)

Lots of cool stuff coming, but I can't talk about that :D

It's been less than a month since the December CTP release. I wasn't expecting to see anything different from 5270 in this keynote. Bear in mind that 5270 is still a closed beta build, so a majority of the CES attendees and the general public hasn't actually seen it in action. The keynote was an opportunity to showcase what has changed since the last public demo - the one during the PDC keynote back in September last year. The changes between then and now are huge.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I think the HD-DVD and MCE stuff was my favorite part of the presentation. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back