big problem with my h-d

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ludlo, Jan 3, 2004.

1. ludlo

ludlo OSNN Addict

i couldnt find any forum section that fitted my problem.. but i hope somone can help me anyway.

i have a big problem with my 80gig maxtor disk.
    im running on my new 120 seagate now..

when i tried to install win xp on the 80gig maxtor disk i tried to use the built in partition manager in xp installation program, but something failed and i had to reboot my computer with the result of an incomplete partition an the MBR was damaged. now i cant boot from the disk, not even using a boot cd or a boot disk. if i unplug the disk i can boot from a cd or floppy.. but if its connected it hangs after a few seconds after it started to read from the booting source.

so here i am with my 80gigs disk that i cant use, i dont think its broken it must be some way to fix it?

fdisk /mbr dosent work because i cant get to fdisk when my hd is connected...

can someone help me?

thanks!!

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

o yeh it belongs in other hardware i think :)

4. ludlo

ludlo OSNN Addict

but i cant boot with anthing when the disk is plugged in =( cant even get to dos...

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the maxtor disk is a bootable recovery tester, if that fails ur drives died :(

6. ludlo

ludlo OSNN Addict

thank you very much, all my problems solved! =)

7. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

8. ludlo

ludlo OSNN Addict

do you know how i can set a default setting for every install program to install programs on my f: disk? dont want to have them on the same disk as the os is installed to..

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

i answerd it in the other thread :p