Big Problem With Counter-Strike PLZ hElp!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by -=SNK=-Vegitto, Jan 22, 2003.

1. I Play Counter-Strike and my connection is very fast...very very fast...i download at 800k alway or 1mb/sec !!!But when i play counter-strike i got a &*@#&*(@ ping like 150,200,400 Its suck....im very pist off because i love play this game..but now no one want me because im a ****ty lagger....!!!!Plz Resolve My problem....!!!

PS: Dont Buy Videotron lol!!!

Thx alot guys

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

post your system stats...

also do not have ANY background apps running when you play so that you don't get lag spikes or packet loss when you play..

also select only servers that are close to you before you play... your ping is lower than...

3. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

turn off your firewall ,too.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I play with a firewall... that has nothing to do with it

forwarding ports on the firewall is far better than disabling your firewall...

5. I Got a p3 500 mhz

Voodoo 5500 64 mb

396 mbram !!!

I dont understand...and when i test my connection on the net..is very faster...very very!!!I dotn have firewall and i juste slect the server from quebec canada...and i live at quebec...!!!

ps: your pic is very nice sazar

6. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

turn off any p2p programs....or turn off sharing

uploads kill whatever fast connection u got

7. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

whats ur rate set at in counterstrike?

set it to somethin like 9999..well thats what mines set at

try to stick with servers that located close to you......my latency goes to crap when tryin to play on any european server(woops didnt read sazars advice)

8. Luna64

Luna64 Guest

Even if you have a fast connection, it's not going to help much if the server your playing on is on the other side of the world.

Be sure to set your filter to block out all high ping games.

I get 40 to 60 ping on my Cable connection.

9. drop_the_gun

drop_the_gun Guest

I had that exact same problem and here's what the problem was. I had somehow switched the zoom on my monitor (the controllers on the monitor itself) to be too large, and was getting 56kish pings with it. So I changed it something like 10% so that there was just a little black line around the edges of the screen. voila, 30 ping again.:cool: