Big Mofo Spider!

Those bite pics fell like they violaty forum guidelines. Or at least should! Ewww.

ohhh come on guys were learnding! :) you know if you get bit by something and you see a little brown spider run away you know to get to the hospital right away:eek:

You guys are funny... We get over by where I work Brown Recluse and Black Widows. :D

One time I was workin under a car and I rolled over and there's this Black Widow climbin on my arm... I goes to the boss and say, "hey this looks like a... a... B B Black Widow. Rolled her over and yep.

We use to put them in a 1 gallon plastic fsh bowl and feed it stuff. Then we (Me) catch a Brown Recluse, damn thing jumped at me and I caught it in a rag. We stuck it in with another Black Widow we had caught... No more Black Widow. :p

Funny thing we threw in 3 Big "Daddy Long Legs" and they killed the Recluse.

Turns out from what I've read, they (the Daddy Long Legs) eat mostly other spiders.

Originally posted by gonaads
You guys are funny... We get over by where I work Brown Recluse and Black Widows. :D

One time I was workin under a car and I rolled over and there's this Black Widow climbin on my arm... I goes to the boss and say, "hey this looks like a... a... B B Black Widow. Rolled her over and yep.

We use to put them in a 1 gallon plastic fsh bowl and feed it stuff. Then we (Me) catch a Brown Recluse, damn thing jumped at me and I caught it in a rag. We stuck it in with another Black Widow we had caught... No more Black Widow. :p

Funny thing we threw in 3 Big "Daddy Long Legs" and they killed the Recluse.

Turns out from what I've read, they (the Daddy Long Legs) eat mostly other spiders.

LOL! For some reason that post made me laugh like crazy :p :D

Just so ya know...

Frequency:
  • * In the US: Although various species of Loxosceles are found throughout the world, the L reclusus is found in the United States from the east to the west coast, with predominance in the south.
Mortality/Morbidity:
  • * Data regarding mortality rates are not reliable because diagnostic tests to detect brown recluse venom in tissue are not readily available.

* Although deaths have been attributed to presumed brown recluse envenomation, severe outcomes are rare. Typical cases involve only local soft tissue destruction.

* In South America, the more potent venom of the species Loxosceles laeta is responsible for several deaths each year.
Age: Systemic involvement, although uncommon, occurs more frequently in children than in adults.

History:
  • * The brown recluse, living up to its name, is naturally nonaggressive toward humans and prefers to live in undisturbed attics, woodpiles, and storage sheds.

* Brown recluses vary in size, and can be up to 2-3 cm in total length. They are most active at night from spring to fall.

* Characteristic violin-shaped markings on their backs have led brown recluses to also be known as fiddleback spiders.

* Envenomation from the brown recluse elicits minimal initial sensation and frequently goes unnoticed until several hours later when the pain intensifies.

* An initial stinging sensation is replaced over 6-8 hours by severe pain and pruritus as local vasospasm causes the tissue to become ischemic.

* Symptoms of systemic loxoscelism are not related to the extent of local tissue reaction and include the following:

. Morbilliform rash

. Fever

. Chills

. Nausea

. Vomiting

. Joint pain

. Hemolysis

. Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)

. Renal failure

. Seizures

. Coma

Physical:
  • * Edema around the ischemic bite site produces the appearance of an erythematous halo around the lesion.

. The erythematous margin around the site continues to enlarge peripherally, secondary to gravitational spread of the venom into the tissues.

. Typically, at 24-72 hours, a single clear or hemorrhagic vesicle develops at the site, which later forms a dark eschar (see Picture 1).

* Necrosis is more significant in the fatty areas of the buttocks, thighs, and abdominal wall.

Causes: Dermonecrotic arachnidism has been described in association with several species of Loxosceles spiders, but, in the United States, L reclusus venom is the most potent and the most commonly involved.

ARGGGGGG!!!!!!

*Runs Hides - Realises there may be spiders in closet - FREAKS!!!*

Should send it to take care of dem pesky spiders. :p

That's it... just freak everyone out SPeedY. :p

Everyone's probably curious as hell now. :p

Damn, those bites look nasty!

And while we are on this topic...

pbug2.jpg

It's a potato bug BTW..;)

Quantum thunder's pics are nasty. You should come down to oz though, some big ass spiders and snakes down here. We've got a fair percentage of the worlds most dangerous snakes and spiders, which scares me at times :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back