big creative geforce2 mx200 problem(?)

R

razkal

the problem is that in the last 10 days my pc restarts every 10 mins, with no obvious reason. Today, however, after rebooting, a message appeared saying that there was a problem with the drivers of creative geforce 200 mx. i tried to roll back the drivers but there was an 'xp incompatibility' message and 10 mins later the computer rebooted again with the 'corrupt file' message. i tried the recovery console but the pc reboots every time before finishing the task, so i cannot do anything (neither recovery nor installation). :(
A month ago i had a similar problem (corrupt system 32 file) and i finally had to format my hd.
i have had many problems with the graphics card over the last year (with win me & xp pro) but during the last 10 days it has become very annoying. I have installed all the latest nvidia drivers but they have not helped. Can you help?

Welcome to XP-erience.

Are you planning to tell us what it is?

I think we are supposed to guess. Is it that you have trouble spelling "problem"? Oooh, I hope I am right, ohh I hope, I hope!!!! :D

Welcome razkal :)

Just let us know what type of problem you're having and we'll do our best to help you out.

The rest of you...BE NICE!

Originally posted by Jewelzz
Welcome razkal :)

Just let us know what type of problem you're having and we'll do our best to help you out.

The rest of you...BE NICE!

I was nice! :p

I think you should do a clean install of your OS and use the nVidia Detonators only.

Probably, there were remains of your existing drivers that messed up the system. nVidia Detonators are WHQL certified and should not display incompatibility messages when you try to install them.

i did clean installation last time and the problem became bigger.
and i cannot do an instalation as my pc reboots before even starting the instal. or the recovery!
will i get any results if i remove the card?

What will you replace the card with?
Do you have an extra one that can take its place?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back