beware; scam almost caught me

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I got an email from a close friend, he had been held up in London at gun point, effects stolen, needed money wired to get him home

my first email back was "why are you in London on a one way ticket?" since even with effects stolen you can get your ticket re-issued

my next email informed him he could possibly get the embassy to get him home, give me the police report information and I will contact the embassy

and my final email was to get a number for me to call him

all his answers were suspicious but I did not want to abandon a good friend and maybe he just couldn't converse over the tubes

bottom line, my friends yahoo account was cracked and all his email contacts got this email requesting money be wired

beware, most scams exploit the greed we all have, this scam exploited our good will and sentiment

the greed scams are worthless against me and my kind but these good will scams are very effective against people like myself

be ware

Glad you missed this one. I've seen those emails a few times. Tell your buddy to protect his personal info better!!!

I've had those emails come in over the past few weeks as well ... one was sent while I was sitting next to the person, that was kinda funny!

Other ones that have sent me such emails, I have emailed back asking for something personal about me that the person would know to verify that the email is actually for real.

Not heard of nor have I received one. Thanks for the heads up perris

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back