Best Video Player

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
For everyone who has ever wondered "Which Video player should I use?" travel no further, everyone post their favourite video player and why.

Mine is NVDVD, written by NVIDIA. I like this software because its free (trial) and its developed by the same people who design the video devices I'm using to play the files with, so that must be a good combination in any case. The only things I don't like about this player is the very slow load up when you open it for the first time, but if you reuse the same window for all your media you don't really notice and get a great player to boot! I only use it for Video but it also supports many popular Audio formats.

You can download it here at Nvidias Official Site.

i always liked WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.. its already on the computer (if you have windows 98 or higher and havent uninstalled it), it plays everything (as long as you have the codec), and its customizable, and fills the entire screen very nicely. A+ :happy:

I still use Media Player 6.4 for just about all my video (except mov). It will actually use codecs, doesn't have the extra overhead and junk that MP 7 through 9 have, and it's simple.
I also like ZoomPlayer a bit. It's highly customizable, skinnable, and has decent support for DVD.

Originally posted by dubstar
i always liked WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.. its already on the computer (if you have windows 98 or higher and havent uninstalled it), it plays everything (as long as you have the codec), and its customizable, and fills the entire screen very nicely. A+ :happy:

same here.. I play move video files with WMP9... though for dvd's I use powerDVD... came with my video card package so whatever lol... it plays nicely and has really clarty... :) am most happy...

Windows Media Player does a fine job here, when it doesn't (for whatever reason) PowerDVD takes its place.

Ditto :)

another plus to WMP is that it practically updates itself when you look for files on the "Windows Update" page. Makes it simple, and effective.

i always liked WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.. its already on the computer (if you have windows 98 or higher and havent uninstalled it), it plays everything (as long as you have the codec), and its customizable, and fills the entire screen very nicely. A+

Originally posted by NetRyder
Ditto :)

I ditto that ditto.

Zoomplayer for me as its the most flexible one i have....but i also have power dvd xp+Win dvd plat all i use for films....media player for short clips.

BSplayer all the way truely supports multi channel sound outputs and well lets you cange and customiser anything you want :D Plus you can skin it to match you desktop and its free. For DVD playback i still think powerDVD takes some beating :happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back