Best Video Player

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by chaos945, Mar 23, 2003.

1. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

For everyone who has ever wondered "Which Video player should I use?" travel no further, everyone post their favourite video player and why.

Mine is NVDVD, written by NVIDIA. I like this software because its free (trial) and its developed by the same people who design the video devices I'm using to play the files with, so that must be a good combination in any case. The only things I don't like about this player is the very slow load up when you open it for the first time, but if you reuse the same window for all your media you don't really notice and get a great player to boot! I only use it for Video but it also supports many popular Audio formats.

You can download it here at Nvidias Official Site.

2. dubstar

dubstar format c:

i always liked WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.. its already on the computer (if you have windows 98 or higher and havent uninstalled it), it plays everything (as long as you have the codec), and its customizable, and fills the entire screen very nicely. A+ :happy:

3. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

I still use Media Player 6.4 for just about all my video (except mov). It will actually use codecs, doesn't have the extra overhead and junk that MP 7 through 9 have, and it's simple.
    I also like ZoomPlayer a bit. It's highly customizable, skinnable, and has decent support for DVD.

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

same here.. I play move video files with WMP9... though for dvd's I use powerDVD... came with my video card package so whatever lol... it plays nicely and has really clarty... :) am most happy...

5. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Windows Media Player does a fine job here, when it doesn't (for whatever reason) PowerDVD takes its place.

6. lion7718

lion7718 OSNN Addict

7. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

Windvd is good too

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Ditto :)

9. dubstar

dubstar format c:

another plus to WMP is that it practically updates itself when you look for files on the "Windows Update" page. Makes it simple, and effective.

10. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I ditto that ditto.

11. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Zoomplayer for me as its the most flexible one i have....but i also have power dvd xp+Win dvd plat all i use for films....media player for short clips.

12. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

BSplayer all the way truely supports multi channel sound outputs and well lets you cange and customiser anything you want :D Plus you can skin it to match you desktop and its free. For DVD playback i still think powerDVD takes some beating :happy: