Best PC ?

mine is definitely not top of the line, and it's a year old this month, but i'm still very satisfied with it.

alienware hive custom system:

amd athlon 1.2ghz
1gb sdram
19" viewsonic a90
geforce2 gts 64mb oc'ed vid card
ms optical intellimouse
soundblaster live 5.1 gamer snd card
20gb ibm deskstar hdd
40gb western digtial hdd
surfboard cable modem - 2mbps d/l, 370kbps u/l
klipsch promedia 4.1 400 watt thx sound system

Originally posted by koko
mine is definitely not top of the line, and it's a year old this month, but i'm still very satisfied with it.

Not that far off. The faster processors get, the less of a speed difference there is. I personally will never spend my own money on anything much faster than 1.5Ghz...I dont see the need for it, at least not yet. The true speed difference bewteen a 1.5Ghz and a 2Ghz comp comes down to only a few milliseconds, and from a practical standpoint, it's a waste. And I think more and more people are realizing that these days too. Of course, you'll always have the people that cant live without the latest and greatest, but if I could afford it, I'd want it to...but I'm not, so I have to spend my money wisely.

Best PC.

Well said KoKo and OUTBACK, Mine is pretty basic too, and it does me fine. Like you, I have to watch my pennies, as Senior Citizens do in the UK.
Stay sane man.

Ok I had started to reply to some questions people had asked me and my connection cut out and I just am now remembering to re-post

It's not too hard to OC the athlon XP, the hardest part for me was finding out no local stores carried quicksilver so I had to order it..then it's just being careful kinda like an art class

my DVD burner is a Pioneer A-03 It burns at 2x which is equivalent to about 5 meg a second on single sided mode, or 2.5meg a sec on dual sided. I buy DVD media in 10 packs for 50 bucks so about 5 bucks a disc..I think that was it :)

My pc is cool too, i don`t need another one for about 4 or 5 years ! I have win xp and it works great, not even one crash yet, so looking good !

My PC is certainly not the best but let say that I love it. I don't play games, maybe to old for that, but I do whatever I want to do without having problems most of the time.....and that's big to me, and when I have problems I come here for a solution ;)

To see what my case's look like and what I have in it feel free to take a look there: http://www.geocities.com/jamichel2000/index.html

It's not a great site but it is mine and I'm still working with plain HTML even if I tried Front Page. I'm planning to do a more professionnal looking site in the future if I can find all the codes that I need (still in HTML...) and I'm still working to learn more with Front Page also.

As security is concern I took the liberty to ask for advice and this is what I have:

Norton Anti Virus 2002
Zone Alarm Pro
Ad Aware 5.2
TDS 3
Script Sentry
Win XP Pro native Firewall Enabled
Lavasoft
Promoxitron

and to my surprise it's working just fine :)

gotcha ya guys beat...commadore 64 60min tapedeck, 13 inch b&w tv....9600 baud rate modem 64k of ram:D

Originally posted by adobo
gotcha ya guys beat...commadore 64 60min tapedeck, 13 inch b&w tv....9600 baud rate modem 64k of ram:D
so you think :p
Macintosh classic...still works
Processor Type:
Processor Speed:
8 MHz
System Bus Speed:
8 MHz
ROM Size:
RAM Type:
120 ns 30-pin SIMM
Standard RAM:
1 MB
Maximum RAM:
4 MB
Motherboard RAM:
1 MB
RAM Slots:
2 (pair)
Standard Hard Drive:
None, 40 MB
Int. Hard Drive Type:
SCSI
Standard Disk:
1.44 MB (auto)
Built-in Display:
9" Monochrome

Slow? HA!

My machine may seem slow to some of you, but I've seem a lot of Gigahertz pc's which perform very bad compared to my machine. I am very happy with this computer, the only thing I don't like it's a Packard Bell (or Hell if you like) model. The next computer is definately going to be a home brewed one. But that will come in a year or so, untill then, I'm going to tweak the machine like one never tweaked before!

Originally posted by koko
looks like a solid box to me. :)
speaking of glaanieboy's box

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't say that is slow. I would imagine it's above average.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back