Best PC ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ZAnwar, Mar 23, 2002.

1. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Who has got the best PC on this whole bunch of forums ?
    I know I ain`t, look below !
  2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Not mine. But good enough for me. Just upgraded to Volcano 7 today. More ram coming. Anyone with ASUS A7A266 mobo wanting to have Volcano 7, PM me first. Will save you a nightmare.
  3. efeezee

efeezee Guest

I am pretty happy with mine...

a little worried about the future of RDRAM, but the system works great... (and a little jealous of the 40X CD-RW that Dell just launched OEM...)
  4. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Re: I am pretty happy with mine...

don't bother to get a 40x cd friend has writes a whopping minute or so faster then my 24x woohoo

the problem is this..a cd-writer does not write at it's max speed the entire can' anything faster then a 40x nowadays is just gonna shave a few seconds off and not be worth it :p

as for my system

Amd Athlon 1900+ oc'ed to 2100+
    1gb ddr2400 ram
    Geforce Ti500 oc'ed
    Sound Blaster Audigy platinum
    10/100 Nic
    24x TDK cdrw
    1x Pioneer DVD-RW
    2x 80GB Western Digital HD's

And no i'm not rich or anything...most of this hardware is thanks to a local small computer shop got shutdown recently due to the owner committing credit card fraud..and they had the most AWESOME sheriff's sale!!! only a handful of people were there and we made off like bandits...I made 600 bucks reselling laptop modems and nic's heheh
  5. eGoalter

eGoalter Guest

im very pleased with my set up.

ive been enjoying mine alot...and im running very stable on xp pro.:D ;)
  6. efeezee

efeezee Guest

Re: Re: I am pretty happy with mine...

I think we may have a winner ... :D man, what a sweet set-up...
  7. O_o

O_o Guest

Built the system I have now for spare use. It's pretty good with a lot of high quality specs, but it's not the best. IMO, noone has the best computer, it all depends on what they do and how they tweak it. There is no perfect system. Anyways, I really don't care for OCing, all it really does it kill the part's life. :D

[EDIT] I got a few spare parts I don't use, like DVD player and all that. I really don't need to use them so I don't have them in my system.
  8. Antallica

Antallica w00t

Well mine 'aint the best but I'm loving the speed of everything, games and XP apps. Thumbs up to MS for finally making a good stable OS (still not perfect in other areas but hey at least it runs)

Gonna shove in a GeForce4 soon so lets hope it runs like a beast.

Specs below.....
  9. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

Re: Re: I am pretty happy with mine...

DamN! I was going to say, "You lucky little bastard!" you have lots of nice stuff like a 1x DVD RW! wow you better save your pennies each DVD-R is what $19.99-$29.99

Think before you burn :D
  10. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

Townsville, Qld, Australia
    I have just rebuilt my main system to this:

Pentium 4, 2.00 GHz
    1 Gig Mushkin 2100 DDR-Ram
    MSI 845 Ultra-ARU Motherboard
    Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR T GeForce4 MX440 64MB DDR video card
    Onboard C-Media CM18738 Audio
    52X Sony Cd-Rom
    Sony CDRW 1611 CD Writer 16x10x40x
    Internal Iomega 100 Zip Drive
    40 Gig Seagate HDD
    19" ViewSonic monitor
    D-Link 10/100 Network Card
    Silitek 118 Key Keyboard
    Microsoft Optical Intellimouse
    Lonsen Speakers
    15" ViewSonic LCD monitor running off a S3 Savage 4 Video Card with 16Mg
    Lian Li PC-65 Aluminum ATX Midi Tower.

I also have two other machines. The wifes is one running a Plll 1GHz with 512 Meg SDRAM and the other one is a Plll 866 with 384 Meg SDRAM.

I just love my computers :D
  11. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I get dvd media at a store near me called MicroCenter. it's about 14.99 a pop. and you get two extra discs if you buy a bundle of 10...but considering it's 4.7gb a disc i'm happy :) Prices on it are coming down though so that should be cool
  12. efeezee

efeezee Guest

How long does it take to back up a full 4.7GB of data? I know most drives now are 2X, and I think 4X will be launching (or has launched) very soon (April?)... I can do the math, just curious how long your 1X takes? Also, what software do you use? I back-up a lot of audio/video files (I currently have about 135 archive CD's), and DVD-RW could help tremendously with that if the speed is reasonable. Thanks for your insight.
  13. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Qumahlin, you took a risk OCing the XP, was reading up on it last night, seems well complicated.
  14. lelu

lelu Guest

Well... I sure like mine. :)
  15. Outback2k1

Outback2k1 OSNN Addict

I guess this makes mine the "Beater" of the group...I'm still running a lowly Celeron 500. Wouldnt mind it as much if the motherboard had a damned AGP slot.
  16. xsivforce

Texas, USA
    Lelu, you need at least some clutter...sheesh! Make me look like Fred big dummy!! :p
  17. O_o

O_o Guest

Pentium .... not my type. On the LCD monitor and the Lian Li case, you wasted some money. LCD monitors suck if you are into games, and you probably wasted a hundred bucks on the case. They might look good, but they ain't really no different to a regular case. Maybe the cooling is a little better, but not for the price. Just my opinion anyways.
  18. hah2k

hah2k Guest

I like mine dual processor machine, but is waitin' for the dual p4 and is gonna rock. :D :D :D
  19. max

max Guest

xsivforce we have the samme MOBO :)

mine :

1Ghz Athlon
    512MB Ram
    Geforce MX 400
    SB live
    A7A266 - Mobo
    3 x 60GB IBM drives

I like mine to

20. xsivforce

Texas, USA
    Cool :cool: . What are you using to cool the CPU? Reason I ask, I just went from a Volcano 6cu+ to a Volcano 7. A Volcano 7 doesn't really fit on our board unless you "bend" a couple of resistors. I was really nervous doing it. But, it worked. Much, much quieter and it looks nice. Need to mod a side window to "show it off"