Best Notebook Hard Drive

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I am going to buy the Acer Ferrari 3400, and am going to upgrade the memory to 1GB of Cusair XMS PC3200 notebook memory. I was looking at the hard drive and want to upgrade that as well, since it is 4200 rpm and that can be a large bottleneck. (i know that not all speed is based upon the rpm, but it can allot a ballpark). I was looking at the Hitachi 7K60 7200RPM 60GB, but that is 20GB smaller. I was also looking at 5400rpm drives. what is the best performance and largest capacity?

ure not ganna find a 100gb 7200rpm drive as far as i know, they dont exisist (yet) so i would guess an 80gb is fine which from reading ur post is the size of urs, check newegg.com and pricewatch.com

The Hitachi 7K60 you mentioned is considered to be one of the top notebook drives at the moment.

you could stick with the 80gb like mafia said and get an external one

60GB is about the largest capacity you can get @ 7,200 rpm, i just brought a samsung M40 80GB UDMA100 5400rpm 8MB Drive,

i went for a higher capacity 80GB drive, at the cost of only 5,400rpm, but it does have an 8mb cache :D drive is very fast and dead quite, cant hear it at all. much quicker responce when booting etc than old 30gb drive :D

that is what i thought. i am going to buy an external USB 2 ~200gb hard drive

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back