Best *nix DVD Software

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
okies I been lookin around and about and so on and I also seem to have miss placed my copy of LinuxFormat which covered Linux DVD software

So chuck out your favourites

I have heard of Oogle and VLC, but I havent tried them yet, so any other recommendations or commendations for either of those two

I'd have to say either VLC or MPlayer. I personally use VLC on both XP and Slackware.
smile.gif

http://www.videolan.org/vlc
http://www.mplayerhq.hu

*Does the VLC dance*

Definitely VLC all the way, can't beat it, MPlayer is the same, I think it has a slightly more refined GUI (speaking from the Mac versions here, haven't tried *nix ones) and can be quicker to load.. but I'm still a VLC junkie when it comes to choosing one :D

compiled Okle (ogle with a kde front end) and that seems alright, just about to compile vlc now. I will give mplayer a try as well, weight them all up and decide :p

[edit]
squidge# cd /usr/ports/multimedia/vlc/
squidge# make install clean
===> vlc-0.7.1_1 is marked as broken: conflicts with new threads architecture.

guess I will have to try that one sometime later :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back