BEST LCD TV Purchase....

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
Hey guys, while I wait for the price of the 2405fpw to drop, I have $$ burning in my pocket, and need to spend some of it. I want to get the best bang for my buck. I know I could get a plasma of the same size for roughly half of what I would pay for an LCD but I would also like to keep it more than a few years, and I dont want a DLP or Projection because I want to mount it to my wall.

SO, with that all in mind here is what I decided:

A) Buy a 42" to 46" LCD ...they seem to be the best priced in the larger LCD lines for the money...
B) Buy an ATSC LCD with the highest resolution for the $$
C) In relation to cost I want a minimum of 1024x768 resolution but must be below 20ms to avoid problems with true motion video...

Personally I like:

Phillips 42" LCD 42PF9996 Cost: $4129
or
Samsung 46" LCD LTP468WX $5249

If you guys have any other models or views PLEASE PLEASE, voice them here...
This is time sensitive as I am making my purchase on-line this weekend.

I hope a ton of you guys chime in on this!
I will post pics if you all would be so kind as to help me decide on the best purchase for my new home theater!

:D

Based only on my experience and my views on quality, of those two I would go with the Samsung.

Have you looked at Plasma tv's?

Plasma TVs start to lose quality in about five years. They aren't made to last.

I'd suggest saving your money and waiting for HDTV to be rolled out en masse around 2007-2008. You'll get an even bigger bang for your buck then. I'm not terribly impressed with current Plasma/LCD offerings.

Melon

I haven't looked at these two models, but the screens often come without a built-in tuner, but an HD box component. So, you could always upgrade the HD box if needed in a few years.

Go with the one that's 10% smaller and 20% cheaper :D

Well, it's what I'd do on my limited budget, anyway :eek:

Yes I know PLasmas are the best cost.
Yes I have looked at them, and yes I know they are cheaper.
I want to buy something now... so what again I pose the question:

IF one of you were going to buy an LCD which one would it be?

of a more pertinent question, what is the room you are going to be putting it in like? is there a lot of residual light? the wall mount although a great idea has to be at a certain height, if you put it at picture height, your viewing angle while watching anything becomes a pain. Go somewhere , where you can fiddle with the controls and do a comparison, most of the stuff in mega stores the brightness is set way to high to attract attention. look for true black definintion and go with that one.

/BUMP

ok guys and gals, Well...

I went against my initial gut instinct... I bought a Plasma instead of an LCD... by this time next year the LCDs will have come down so much that the plasmas may not even be available and thats just fine by me... maybe Ill upgrade then, when the prices come down substantially... :D

With edit: 8 BILLION (not 2) colors being able to be displayed... the plasma I chose is great for the price... at 3700 SHIPPED... this is without a doubt the best priced plasma on the market for its size, exquisite colors, and technical specifications

Read its reviews HERE!!

Last edited:
Thanks Khayman!

its already got a 2 week backorder...

If anyone wants one order them quick...

or wait about 3 months and Im guessing it will have taken a 20% cost cut... Panasonic will make a KILLING of these plasmas...

Hmmm...TV, food...TV, food.....damn its soo hard!

Khayman said:
Hmmm...TV, food...TV, food.....damn its soo hard!

Tell me about it, I figured.. tuna from sams club:

TUNA!

Tuna for breakfast lunch and dinner, and I can have the TV of my dreams!

:eek:

Thats a great Plasma as well..

I wanted bigger 8 " more diagonally makes a HUGE difference...

EDIT: also it doesnt have as great a resolution... mine is native 1366x768, also 8 Billion colors vs 3

anything over 36" inches is awesome tho.. my last post made it seem like that Tv wasnt nice, and it is sorry bout that...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back