Best LCD Flat Panel Monitor

N

Not Bman

Hey, I haven't been around lately. Been busy with school and things. I am looking to get a nice new computer, with those amazing LCD monitors. I was wondering what you guys think is the best. Best in quality, price, color, etc all that stuff. I myself heard alittle about NEC, and Viewsonic. I think you guys might no better.....?

Thanks

This! ;)

22_320-4111.jpg

Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW:
- Size: 20.1" viewable
- Dot pitch (lower = better): 0.255 mm pixel pitch
- Max/Native Res: 1680x1050
- Brightness (higher = better): 300 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio (higher = better): 600:1
- Response time (lower = better): 12 ms
- Connections: DVI, VGA, S-Video, 4 USB 2.0 ports

Top specs all around. :up:
Of course, it depends on the size you're looking for and your budget.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention I was looking for a 20" or larger one. Thank god to put that. Yea I was looking at this, and I do like Dell. I couldn't find any real reviews on it. Is this there newest LCD Monitor? I might be setting up a dual monitor with the LCD monitor I get, so yea.

Yeah, this is their newest, so you might not find any professional reviews yet, but it's a step up from the 2001FP which has been around for a while and has proven to be a solid, high-quality display. The 2005FPW is also 16:10 (widescreen) as compared to the 2001FP which is regular 4:3.

There are a couple of user reviews on Neowin though. Here's a review of the 2001FP, and here's one of the 2005FPW.

Edit:
Bman™ said:
Is this the exact same monitor here?
Yeah, that's the one. :)

I checked out all the details about this monitor, Wow it's a amazing, and nice looking! It's not that much, well not as much as I thought it would be. So, I am assuming you have one right? Any problems with it of any sort?

Bman™ said:
I checked out all the details about this monitor, Wow it's a amazing, and nice looking! It's not that much, well not as much as I thought it would be. So, I am assuming you have one right? Any problems with it of any sort?
No, I actually don't have one myself (I use a notebook), but I've seen the 2005FPW with my eyes, and I can honestly say, the picture quality is superb.
Not sure if there are any known problems with the display (the one I saw didn't have any defects). You might want to search around, but it seems to be fine from user-reviews that I've read so far.

Another thing, on the dell website, one of the pictures show a thing underneath the monitor. I was wondering what it was. Do you know what it is?

here...

I am probably going to be looking around and such. I'll let you know if and when I get them. I'll make my own review on it! Thanks

Bman™ said:
Another thing, on the dell website, one of the pictures show a thing underneath the monitor. I was wondering what it was. Do you know what it is?

here...
Oh, that's an optional add-on. It's the AS500 sound bar...a set of speakers that you can mount to the bottom of the display basically.

Bman™ said:
I am probably going to be looking around and such. I'll let you know if and when I get them. I'll make my own review on it! Thanks
Yeah, look around, make comparisons etc. A review at the end would be awesome. ;)

You want any dispalay using the same Panel as either the DELl 2001FP or the DELL 2005FPW, as long as its using the same panel you can get away with not ordering from dell.

Eitherway they are awesome screens and as soon as I have £1200 I'm ordering 2.

I am not sure what you mean there? I want the same display? explain...

The stats on the dell are as good or better than the apple cinemadisplay in every category and goes for quite a bit less.

Very nice monitor Indeed but personally I would rather have TWO LG 17" monitors.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecplasma...asp?dpno=637281

You order one and have a friend order another. Great specs for such a low cost monitor.

Personally I have a Planar 1600x1200 monitor 400:1 contrast ratio at roughly 20ms but hey I bought mine nearly a year ago!

Hannibal forever!!

NetRyder said:
The 2005FPW display is manufactured by LG, by the way. ;)
Is it not LG Philips, the same as the Apple Cinema Display ?

HEHE nope I just dont see spending $800 for a 19" when I can spend less than $300 for a 17" AND.... yes its obvious sometimes Im cheap

But if I were to buy a TOP NOTCH that monitor ROCKS!
Hehe

HANNIBAL FOREVER!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back