best ipod manager?

just used winamp and this does everything I need to do, free and looks real good too

drag and drop works in winamp too so I can add to an existing ipod without re-synching...this is what I wanted to do without having to use windows explorer.

it works just the way I want, it crashed the first time but on relaunch wrote straight to my existing music file on the ipod

perfect

thanx guys for all the help

Yeah, winamp is good to use also. I forgot about that one. I wish Windows Media Player would work with an ipod. But it won't...

You are both is right. WinAmp is a great portable media manager. One thing is, though, don't use Media Player and WinAmp on the same computer. They will fight like cats and dogs. They literally don't work right on the same OS.

I never had an issue with winamp and wmp on the same pc. It is all in what you want them each to do and how you have the defaults set up. I use wmp exclusively now because I do not want to put reduntant things into my pc. It will cause it to bog and lose resources to easy.

But, winamp is a very good media player. I used it for years.

ya, I used the wiki article to see which programs might do what I wanted, for free the winamp was great and plenty of people love that program

winamp's drag and drop into whatever folder I wanted on the ipod was thing I need to do, frig all that "synching" crap and I just don't get it

I have no problem getting my os to use whichever player I want so that's not any issue at all for me and winamp

man, itunes pales against all the other programs and with so many choices that have better features I am surprised itunes gets any play at all

right now my ipod is almost as functional as my frigging telephone as a player, with my telephone having equal play quality and more storage (16 gig phone, 8 gig on this ipod), functionality the phone wins hands down having the ability to delete songs right from the unit instead of computer and the added fun of recording right off the internet and my car audio system

anyway, thanx again for all the help

thanx all for the input

Last edited:
hate to sound biased.... but i think the best iPod manager is getting rid of the iPod. I mean.... can't just use "My Computer" like the VAAAAAAASSSSSSTTTTTT majority of other players out there. Actually.... i think iPods are one of the select few, if not the only players that require the use of an application to manage media, and also risks there being a chance of never being able to retrieve it from the device again.

.... i just like Archos too much. great quality, always a step ahead, and no extra fluff to worry about. automatically recognized by Windows as either a removable hard drive, or if you prefer as a Windows Media Device. And... also, as you mentioned, the ability to delete, move, and copy files from folder to folder right on the device.

That is one of the main reasons I am looking at ZEN's, ed. Ipods try and force you to use iTunes or apple in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back