Best internet connection

Shut up..I hate you all..

I am on cable here in the Philippines and when I joined I was getting 512kbps but about a month ago, the ISP dropped the speeds to 256kbps, without informing the subscribers. I pay around US$45/month.

Waste of time complaining because the ISP won't listen and the Government Department that is meant to oversee the complaints don't want to know either. :mad:

I'm getting my DSL installed on the 27th which imo is way too far away :(

Got all the bits here, plugged in and ready to go, jus gotta wait for BT to get off their lazy backsides and activate it :(

*grumbles*

Leased Line seems to be the best internet connection if you set it up with a high bandwith... i think its unlimited.. you just state a bandwith size and then they will set it up for you.... hmm :D wouldnt u just die for a 999999999 GBps connection... lol :p

[COLOR=dark-blue]I found this to do with a Leased Line...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royal blue]A leased line is a high speed, permanently open connection to the Internet. It allows many people to access the Internet simultaneously, without having to bother with modems on individual machines or networks. It therefore makes it very simple to integrate your local area network with the Internet, thus giving access to the Internet to all your network users.

There is a fixed cost, typically around £4,000 p.a. for the cheapest connection, with a one-off set-up fee of £750+, though costs will increase according to the size (bandwidth) of the line you lease. The greater the bandwidth, the greater the number of users who can use it simultaneously. The cost is fixed - there are no usage charges, unlike with a dialup/ISDN line where you have to pay the phone bill (unless you live in the US where local calls are often free). The cost will be the same if one person uses it for half an hour a day, or a hundred people use it 24 hours a day.[/COLOR]

Ive also found a little Table to help show a little bit at what the Internet Connections come out at. I also included the less talked about E1 connection and DSO connection which i just found lerking about the internet. Are there any more connections we can add onto the table? How fast does Cable go? The table is in bandwith order, starting with top as smallest of course...

14K: 1.4kbps
28.8k: 2.8kbps
56k: 5.6kbps
DSO: 6.4kbps
ISDN 64k: 6.4kbps
ISDN 128k: 12.8kbps
DSL 512k: 51kbps
DSL 1000: 100kbps
DSL 2000: 200kbps
Satellite: 400kbps
T1: 1544 kbps
E1: 2054 kbps
T1c: 3152 kbps
T2: 6312 kbps
T3: 44736 kbps
T4: 274760 kbps
Leased Line: Unlimited

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back