Best Hsf

Originally posted by taurus
Swiftech MCX462+

it's a heavy one, but that doesn't really make a difference when it screws into the motherboard opposed to clipping on. as long as you have those mounting holes in your board, consider the swiftech. friend got it recently and his cpu temps dropped about 10°... he had a coolermaster hhc-001, which is a decent heatsink it it's own right.

slk-900u is supposed to be good too, but i haven't been able to play with one.

yah thats a nice fan but your friend gets 10 degree temps because that particular HSF has a peltier on the bottom which can get so cold it can freeze and that HSF costs like 110+ on that and it doesn't come wth a psu like the thermal take one so you either have to have a nice 500watt psu already or your gonna have to buy something else.

Originally posted by Krux
yah thats a nice fan but your friend gets 10 degree temps because that particular HSF has a peltier on the bottom which can get so cold it can freeze and that HSF costs like 110+ on that and it doesn't come wth a psu like the thermal take one so you either have to have a nice 500watt psu already or your gonna have to buy something else.
not true at all. yes, you can get them with a peltier installed... but the one we got is a standard heatsink. then we slapped an 80mm fan on it.

then its impossible to get it as cold as you say you did because the peltier ones barely get that cold.

nm sorry I went back and read your post you said they droped 10 not they were 10 the link I put up can get your cpu down to about 10 degrees which is about a 90 degree drop :) sorry :)

what is the highest xp chip can a volcano 11 handle? im thinking of getting a thermaltake valcano 11. U think i should go for it, r look for another HSF ? still have the HSF that came with my cpu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back