Best Game

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Jz1397-5, May 25, 2002.

1. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

What do you all think are some of the top games out there today and in the past?

Just a poll

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Today:GTA3, Halo, Morrowmind,
    Tomorrow:Unreal2, Doom3, Everquest2
    Yesterday:Myst, Return to Zork, Doom

3. Zer0_[X]

Zer0_[X] Guest

bah

Today: Halo, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Everquest, Renegade, Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Tomorrow: Neverwinter Nights, Unreal 2, Everquest 2
    Yesterday: Half-Life, Baldur's Gate II, Unreal

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Past: Kick the can, spin the bottle, donkey kong.........dang gave my age away. lol

5. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

I remember donkey kong! The old Super Nentendo version, or really how far do you go back?

6. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

The 38 ain't my I.Q. lol

too long, first game I played electronically (sp) PONG, can you believe that? ........lol

getting old, time sure fly's when your having fun

7. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

first game I played............... was on the atari. oh god.

8. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

today: diablo ii
    yesterday: hmm... i still play x-com:enemy unknown
    tomorrow: warcraft iii

9. Gouk

Gouk Guest

Tekken 4 on PS2. Definatley one of my favorite games of all time next to Super Mario World on SNES :)

10. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

The games today simply amaze me, kid's don't know how nice they have it, but I had fun when I was a kid too, and I'm still a kid, play diablo 2 at least 3 times a week, Yuri's Revenge every now and again with my teenagers.

11. Jestermask

Jestermask WinTMBG Professional

Yesteryear: StarCraft, Chrono Trigger, EVERY King's Quest game up until VII, and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Today: Dungeon Siege, Morrowind, Emperor: Battle for Dune, Red Alert 2, UT, and Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast.

Tomorrow: UT2K3, Duality, and StarCraft 2 (C'MON, Blizzard! I KNOW you've got that hiding in back somewhere!!! :mad: ).

My two cents. Taxes took the rest. ;)

J.

12. Zer0_[X]

Zer0_[X] Guest

warcraft 3 tomorrow?? its already around for some... mmm beta :D

13. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Allways :

Unreal series
    Warcraft series
    Red Alert series
    Earth 21xx series
    Return To Castle Wolfenstein

14. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

Past : Star Craft, Diablo II

Present : Dungeon Siege, EASports V8 challenge

Future : Unreal Tournament 2, Doom 3

15. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I remember Atari, Airwolf, or was it Gunship, one of those anyway, was wicked. Not too old only 18.

Now: Max Payne, (actually havent got many new games)
    Yesterday: NFS3, UT, Half-Life, Incoming
    Tomorrow: Halo PC version (if ever), Unreal2

16. GhaLeoN

GhaLeoN Guest

quake 2 is, and forever will be, the ultimate multiplayer game

17. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Quake 2 was good online, but i was always stuck in a corner and couldnt move, I would get killed as the server thought I was camping, but I couldnt even shoot either.

18. Past: Age of Empires II, Sam and Max, and any of the You don't know Jack games.

Present: Jedi Outcast, MoHAA, and RtCW (What can I say I'm a Q3 Engine bitch!) also since it's been emulated I've been playing the hell outta the Spider-Man arcade game and Captain America and the Avengers.

Future: Star Wars Galaxies, Doom 3, and Super Ultra Street Fighter II-RCE (Really cool edition) EX Champion Edition, Extra Gore, Turbo :D

19. SessedOut

SessedOut Guest

Well, I can go a couple ways with this one. I would say the best game I have played would be Unreal Tournament because of its multiplayer. I was a feind for that game, and still I need a fix every week or so.

Still there are a few games that I must mention because they turned me onto PC games (I used to be a console-only player): Doom II & Duke Nukem 3D (multiplayer was damn cool on both of those, even with a 28.8, hehe). Also, The 7th Guest, Quake 1, and B17 Flying Fortress.

20. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

fav games of present ?

gotta be RtCW, Counter-strike/half-life (ok so I finished HL like 2 years ago, so what :) ) Deus-Ex, Max Payne, BattleZone 2 (yes I still play it), FIFA 2002, Halo.... sad thing is once I finish a game I am bored to get back to it, except for deus ex and max payne... and of course the greatest football game EVER... FIFA 2002

fav games of the past?

I still remember my duck shoot game on the Snes with the little gun... that was beautiful.. duke nukem, doom, quake (the original)

fav games of the future? ...

when I actually get it will be GTA 3 and of course the new quake and doom... also would love to get my hands on the new command and conquer game renegade or whatever its called... and of course the sequel to HALO... Bungie hurry it up already :D