Best first-person shooter game?

• Thread starter LilBlueDawg
  • Start date
Counter-Strike
Unreal Tournament / UT2003
Aliens vs. Predator 2

and Halo on the Xbox :D

I think theres no doubt of the few FPS that have made there mark on us.
A Game has owned our respect once its recognised by 2 to 4 letters :p
UT, CS, Q3, AvP, MoH etc... :D

ut2003 will be on my list when it comes out, mafia has got me stumbled at teh moment though!!!

lol
wanna hear something funny
Strategy rox0rs fps
look @ warcraft III
n red alert 2/yuri's revence
now they're sum nice games
although i also have RTCW, JK2, Q3 which are ok :p

1. Half-Life
2. Wolfenstein
3. UT2003 & NOLF2 demos are cool, but, I always return to:
Half-Life or RTCW!

ut2k3
UT
mohaa

by the way code cutters sig is my kinda sig, i might just steal that, he he.
beer mmmm, except not VB

Best at the moment for me:

UT
Op Flashpoint/Resistance
NOLF (Cant wait for NOLF 2)
Ghost Recon/Deset Siege
Soldier Of Fortune 2
Dues Ex
MOH:AA

Ok:
RTCW
CS (Its a good game, but getting a bit long in tooth...)
Undying
AvP2
SS2
ST:Elite Force

Worst:
Q3
Red Faction
Daikatana <Pukes...>

Disclaimer: This list is hardly extensive, but a samling out of my 90+ Games that I own...

first person shooters?

well, my fav is team fortress classic, but i also like:

quake 3:team arena

day of defeat

medal of honor

return to castle wolfenstein

soldier of fortune 2

I await doom 3! bring it on baby!

A few people have already mentioned this game, but the rest of you *SLAP* /ducks for cover.

Two words - HALF-LIFE

the granddaddy that gives you your SOF2, MOHAA and others. I also surprised that game Doom hasnt been mentioned (i think). Ive been playing alot of Battlefield 1942 recently, very CPU bound, great multiplayer (generally for Broadband ppl among us and LAN games) however the single player can get a bit boring.

What ever you play have a great time playing them cause thats what thier there for :):)

krom is so damn right.....
DUKE NUKEM 3D was the FUNEST multiplayer FPS during it's time

back then, it's not like conventional mouse + keyboard (forwards, backwards, strafe left, strafe right), it was just arrows, alt and control button

so it's all about sync
whoever could control duke the best would fly with steriods around blowing everyone up with an RPG

it was so damn fun.... the shrinker? where u shrink ppl and step on them, the ice thrower, where u throw ice to freeze ppl and u kick them, the pipe bomb, where u throw lots on the ground, wait til someone comes and detonate... the devastator, where u shoot out like 20 missles per second, the laser trap, where u set it up on a wall and if someone triggers it, it explodes...??

and wat about all those cool levels?? there was a subway level, where u there are 2 subways, and shoot each other from subway to subway, and if someone shoots u, u can duck.......

Then came the Quake series...

What do you think of the new American Armies game? some of its kinda cool, although its a huge recruiting campaign for the army :)

Otherwise, I'm all about some MoH AA, and UT!!

Return to Castle Wolfenstein! It get's me in this "sort of mood.":D

P. S. My avitar has mysteriously reappeared!:rolleyes:

Quake 3 b/c its fast paced and easy to learn and play, especially at lans where not everyone has played every game

But i have to admit, the ripper in UT kicked @$$.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is what I'm currently on when I'm not on Mafia, JKII, or NFS HS.

Maybe when the next UT comes out I'll try it.

Luckily everything I have plays very well on my antique Voodoo5. :D

at first, i thought CS was the worse......
compared to Q2, or Q3, or UT
CS was a first person shooter in slow motion.... walking at the speed of a turtle...
and that when u shoot, there can be inaccuracies, and ammo ran out so quick, so u had to reload...
the graphics were horribly horrible, compared to UT and even something as old as Q2

but then i realized how to play the game proplerly, and discovered why it was so fun...

Not an easy question to answer.

Half-Life is excellent as is RTCW and MOHAA...

But DOOM I & II are definitive. Remember the first time a herd of those pink demons chased you down and you only had 20 shotgun shells left? Or what about the Cyberdemons!

Problem with FPS's these days is that they just aren't creepy enough - all hopes now lie with DOOM III.

I think MOHAA is a very good game... You really got the feeling you was a pert of the story. (A lot of scripts)

And then OMAHA BEACH!!! WOW. It just took my breath away.

The only game which can deal with it now is Battlefield 1942. Dodging bazookaz and stuff :)

Doom III is gonna rule bigtime!! Only 6 month left ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back