best digi cam software? ? ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by forcer, Aug 15, 2003.

1. forcer

forcer OSNN Senior Addict

is there any good software i can use to download fotos from my digital camera to my computer the 1 i use is really unstable and crashes off the slightest things.

i have an olympus camedia camera and really need some better software to get my fotos off it.

any help appreciated

2. You can try a Memory Card Reader (this is a hardware) only costs around $50-$90. This hardware works by placing the memory card from your camera in a slot in the reader and then XP or what ever operating system you are using will treat it as if it's a floppy drive.

I have one I bought from Harvey Norman (Australia) for $60 Australian Dollars. I use it because my digital camera is a bit incompatable with XP but I can read photos from the card using the card reader just fine.

3. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

I have got something similar for my smartmedia. A device which plugs into the usb port. It only cost £18. Nothing special but it does the job.

You may be able to just plug your camera into your computer and windows will see it as a drive anyway. What type of conection is it, and what operating system are you running?

4. forcer

forcer OSNN Senior Addict

its a com port connection :(
    and i am on XP
    my camera doesnt even install as a device or new hardware i simply plug it in and load the software that came with it which crashes badly and usually takes several attempts 2 actually get all my photos

5. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I use the Get pictures from scanner or camera feature in My Pictures :)