best defragmenter?

I downloaded Perfect Disc 2000 last night and ran it through my system.. I didn't see how it defraged in comparison to my windows defrag. I also didn't notice any improvement in speed afterwards like I hoped I would....

Originally posted by Napalmnthemorni
I also didn't notice any improvement in speed afterwards like I hoped I would....

microsoft claims in the nt kernal, fragmentation will only translate into a performance hit when you're over 80% capacity on your hard drive...diskeeper tried to prove them wrong...alot of people believe they did, alot of people believe they didn't

Does DiskeeperLite defrag as efficiently as Disk Keeper 7. I tried Perfect Disk 2000 and it worked great. I'm not too excited about wanting to shell out $40.00 for a defrag utility. Any sites to download full versions at discount. I'm surprised there aren't more freeware defrag utilities, since there are a ton of other freeware utilities...

My 2 cents

These are really poor :(
O&O Defrag
Jet Defrag
Perfect Disc

These are the best ;)
Speed Disc - for XP on NTFS & Win9x
Diskeeper - for XP on FAT
:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back