Best CD to MP3 ripper?

Ogg rules ALL, no questions asked. :)

I will never use mp3 encoding again. EVER.

Originally posted by lbwarped
Ogg rules ALL, no questions asked. :)

I will never use mp3 encoding again. EVER.

Sound quality don't compair to MP3 ..

The codec is lame version 3.90.3. You probably have EAC set up to add a .wav header and extension to the encoded mp3. Wav's are essentially cd audio and quite large

Easy CD-DA Extractor is the best for getting the tracks off a copy protected CD so that you can put them on your MP3 player

Originally posted by Unleashed
AudioCatalyst :D

lol

If you are going to start with something - Audiograbber would be good, it uses lame.

Imho, Easy CD-DA Extractor is the best program when it comes to ripping quality...

Originally posted by JoKo
Imho, Easy CD-DA Extractor is the best program when it comes to ripping quality...

Nothing Beats EAC and CDEX, IMHO of course :)

dbpoweramp.com free and won't get better quality or functions...also can download just about any other codec to rip or convert to other formats for free

Creative bundles a pretty good ripper with their MP3 players. The new MuVo NX come with it. (I just got one) Also, there's a new Nomad Zen coming out which has a 60 gig drive for $299.00! I can't wait to get one.

iTunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Creative bundles a pretty good ripper with their MP3 players.
Please dont tell me you are talkin about Creative PlayCenter 3
Also Wrathchild as you just got a Nomad check out this link
Notmad Manager It is by far the best application to use with any of the Nomad MP3 players, it does not yet support the MuVo MX, but that is in the pipeline

The main reason to use a ripper such as EAC, CDEX or CDParanoia is so that you can be assured that you will not have skips in your ripped files. Imagine if a finger print can make a cd playing at 1x skip, what happens when it is spinning at 52x...

Also, the mp3 codec you use is very important.
1) Constant Bit Rate = Variable Quality
2) Varible Bit Rate = Constant Quality

Lame 3.90.2 (or 3.90.3) have been highly tested for over 2 years to be the best mp3 codec for VBR if you use the --alt-presets.

For CBR at 128 kbps or less, Frauhoffer is probably the way to go.

Originally posted by dreamliner77
The main reason to use a ripper such as EAC, CDEX or CDParanoia is so that you can be assured that you will not have skips in your ripped files. Imagine if a finger print can make a cd playing at 1x skip, what happens when it is spinning at 52x...
In that case you could use toothpaste (preferably Auquafresh) to clean the cd then :)

I prefer using the skip dr.

But little "accidents" do still happen

yip, but toothpaste does wonders - I tried it on an old scratched up and finger printed cd, before I used it on a good one, and to my amazement it made the cd look practically brand new - I was shocked to say the least .. Before I did it I could'nt play one one song because it skipped so bad, after words it did'nt skip once ..

They say another good thing to do is put the cd in semi boiling water, it is supposed to get scratches out pretty well .. You don't want the water to be to hot though or it will melt it .. also you can take a lighter and go around it a couple of times.

boiling water could "easily" melt the cd and the lighter is bad cos of carbon build up

boiling water could "easily" melt the cd and the lighter is bad cos of carbon build up

That is why I said you don't want to have it to hot, and don't have the lighter in one spot for a long time .. .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back