best bang per buck for gfx cards (in UK)

is this card any good at all?

128Mb ATI Radeon 7500LE SDR AGP TV Out
£42.00 ex. VAT
£49.35 inc. VAT

i realise the SDR memory may choke it up a bit, but is the card any good?

would it run ut2k3 a fair bit better than a creative 32mb 2mx?

basically, what im aiming to do, is make a pc which will connect to the tv with tv out for divx and connect to the hifi system to play mp3s and also surround sound for the divx etc. im gonna use my own hercules for that, and ill use my gfs creative instead in my machine. then ill get a better card for the gfs comp which will play ut2k3 (i aint a fan of that game personally, so i dont need to have a good enough card for it... i only play q3 tbh)

Originally posted by jonocainuk
is this card any good at all?

128Mb ATI Radeon 7500LE SDR AGP TV Out
£42.00 ex. VAT
£49.35 inc. VAT

i realise the SDR memory may choke it up a bit, but is the card any good?

would it run ut2k3 a fair bit better than a creative 32mb 2mx?

basically, what im aiming to do, is make a pc which will connect to the tv with tv out for divx and connect to the hifi system to play mp3s and also surround sound for the divx etc. im gonna use my own hercules for that, and ill use my gfs creative instead in my machine. then ill get a better card for the gfs comp which will play ut2k3 (i aint a fan of that game personally, so i dont need to have a good enough card for it... i only play q3 tbh)

its a good multimedia card but the sdr will choke up big for games like ut2k3 which have memory leak issues of their own...

The ATI Radeon 9000 Pro you mentioned from Scan, I actually have and its pretty decent, isn't made by ATI but its "powered by ATI" good FPS, and supports everything in 3DMark so can't be all that bad,

Its called an "Evil Commando" the name of the card that is,

Skazz

read somethin here or some other site
modded 9500 pro its modded into a 9700
selling on a site
for $200 (US dollars i think) not sure tho..anyone else seen this too?..yes im sure i saw it :p

Originally posted by desimatrix007
read somethin here or some other site
modded 9500 pro its modded into a 9700
selling on a site
for $200 (US dollars i think) not sure tho..anyone else seen this too?..yes im sure i saw it :p

not quite :)

its the 9500 NON-pro... to the 9700

but again be wary of this because r300 yields where the chip has faulty pipelines are turned into 9500 NON-pro's

this is because they use fewer pipelines and hence disabling the faulty ones and leaving the good ones works fine... the deal with the mod not working on some cards is that the faulty pipelines are causing problems...

by itself the card is quite good though... :) for a low-mid end card...

site said its modded and tested and 30 day garuntee that it works n all...so once it is modded it does work its fine isn't it?...because the pipelines will screw it up n wont let it mod properly if it is faulty so u wont get tha one...???

Originally posted by desimatrix007
site said its modded and tested and 30 day garuntee that it works n all...so once it is modded it does work its fine isn't it?...because the pipelines will screw it up n wont let it mod properly if it is faulty so u wont get tha one...???

not all the reference boards that are downgraded to be used as 9500 boards are bad...

if they are tested than so be it... ati does not make the 9700/9500 non-pro's anyways.. its partners do :) its their perogative..

what about the radeon 8500LE from crucial (i clicked the banner ads here to get there :))

do u think thats any good?
it has 128mb 6ns ddr

i guess that'll be much better than the 7500 with sdr for ut2k3?

it works out to be about £60-70 cuz of shipping to UK etc

jus found the crucial uk site lol - its £66ish with free delivery :)

if u guys think its good, ill go for that one

Originally posted by TechSupport
what about the radeon 8500LE from crucial (i clicked the banner ads here to get there :))

do u think thats any good?
it has 128mb 6ns ddr

i guess that'll be much better than the 7500 with sdr for ut2k3?

it works out to be about £60-70 cuz of shipping to UK etc

jus found the crucial uk site lol - its £66ish with free delivery :)

if u guys think its good, ill go for that one

its a good card... go back through this thread and you will see a coupla people suggest it...

the IQ on this card is very good... and its a very good card for its price point...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back