Best Audio Setup?

y0....

here you go...i can hook you up w/ everything for about 400 american bux(this is as good as it gets)

Audigy OEM- $65 on newegg-95dbs, w/ noise removal to undue the noise of upping the khz

Radeon 9000 pro- about $125-150 on newegg, basically what a gf4 mx dreams of being, bufff cheap, and STABLE:rolleyes:

Logitech 560s-about $150 on newegg(newegg rulez u)..rivals the klipsch 5.1s, for $250 less, and is perhaps the cleanest high end sound i've ever heard on a sub $500 system(woofer makes mad noise too :D )

anyways...do what you want...and by the way...compUSA employees are dumbasses

they told me that my P4 computer needed pc133 ram...haha....

Originally posted by UofEEE

As for the SB Live card, I got mine from newegg.com for 32 bucks I believe. Also, get at least a TI4200. As for the Gigabyte Mobo, get the Rev. 2.0 of the GA-7VRXP, it has the voltage regulation problems fixed. I haven't had any trouble with mine though. It's the most solid system I've ever had.

I've really started to stray away from soundblaster stuff now that I've read that review on tomshardware.com, about the 24/96 that really runs like a 24/48.....

Really good audio is going to be a must for this system, I could care less if I hear the odd quiet sound in a game. I'd rather have the 24bit/96khz playback that only the higher end audio cards can give.

As for the vid card, I'm using the one out of my old system for now: a geforce 2 Ti. Will still run games amazing b/c of the processor.

I sure as hell hope that I ordered revision 2 on that gigabyte mobo.....I'm Ontario Canada, and I just ordered this thing a week ago for a company that supplies other companies with PC's. Would they automatically get me the revision 2 mobo without me asking?

They might, although you probibly won't have trouble with the GF2 Ti, most people don't have that much trouble. As for sound, the 7VRXP has integrated sound that's alright. But I'd go Turtle Beach if you wanted something other than SB

this post just reminded me, i have a spare maybe 15" sub in one of the rooms. and i never use it, it was in a karoke machine, but is there a way i could plug that into my computer so i cant have that klicsper 6.1 effect, LOL.

Lot's of knowledge in this thread. Good reading. Although referring to the Audigy as "worthless" smacks a bit of fanboyism. We all know that Creative invented PC sound cards, and are reasonably good, if not the best, at designing and manufacturing them. You really have to remember that the Audigy and Audigy 2 lines are intended for a mix of audio and gamer markets. The SoundBlaster is a mid-market series of audio cards. Creative's subsidiary, EMU Systems, make mid to high-end sound cards for music playback and production, as well as keyboards and some really good pc-based studio equipment. I really don't need all that. I play games. play cds and MP3s and occaisionally record accoustic guitar with CuBase. I have an Audigy 2 platinum and a set of MegaWorks THX 550s. I do not have a $10,000.00 stereo to port my PC audio out to, as one poster suggested. I have a PC with PC speakers connected to it. They sound truly Awesome. It's worth mentioning that the Audigy 2 is the ONLY THX Certified sound card on the market. The MegaWorks 550s are also THX certified. I do watch movies on my PC so the relevance is there for me. Also, Creative has been around from the beginning, so they have the best user and driver support out there. SO there's my 25 cents worth. SoundBlaster is the foundation of all PC sound. Why go somewhere else?

-WR@TH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back