Best Antivirus program?

haven't seen Panda... i think they're in Australia/Japan or something... hehehe

i really suggest NAV2002,... Pete has established a strong tradition in the Norton series of softwares

:)

another vote for norton..

i've tried and compared 4 virus scanners: mcafee, avg, f-secure and norton.. norton is clearly the best.. norton takes the least system resource to run and you get update everyweek.. moreover, norton has one of the biggest user base.. when there is a new virus, you can expect norton to patch up the virus quickly(they want to make their customers happy right?)..

in my experiece with antivirus products i have had the best luck with norton antivirus, although they are beginning to get to they want you to pay money yearly for virus subscriptions (gay) but other than that this is probably the best product for home users at a nice price. Mcafee on the other hand is horrid, i have had many problems with computers that had mcafee and didn't notice any viruses although it was infected out the wang. Also pccillin by trendnet is supposidly a nice program, and sophos has put out their virus scan which is pretty awesome although, its price is kinda steap.

most of us say norton is da best
i do say so
just install it, worry free!
no more bitchin' viruses... well, at least... because some freakin' strains get "intelligent" every second, courtesy of their writers, heheheh

Its norton for me, been using for several years, very good. i've also used Mcafee and it wasn't to bad. i've used that anti virus toolkit pro thing before and again its ok.
however do not use Pc-cillan for XP. i used it when i first got xp (cause with my bank i get a copy free) and it totaly messed up my internet connection, made it very slow and intermitant, and yes it is supposed to be compatible with xp

I've found that NAV2002 works fine with XP. I've used Mcafee on other versions of Windows and it wasn't worth 2 cents.

Originally posted by Kr0m
I've found that NAV2002 works fine with XP. I've used Mcafee on other versions of Windows and it wasn't worth 2 cents.

2 cents???
i think you're estimating too much! :D

1.5 cents already is a compliment.

well, you can't go wrong with norton, BUT, A FASTER, SMALLER, AMD BETTER AV...IS AVG... it finds more then norton does, updates ARE SUPER FAST, and the best part...IT'S FREEEEE, I don't have the link, I'm hoping someone else posts it for me, but if not, do a search on google...it is excellant

norton hahahaha
i guess if you dont live in the US then you are OK.

Norton WILL be supporting a certain little thing called "Magic Lantern"
Its a trojan type device under development by the FBI, who are holding talks with MS about using it, and its looking like going ahead. based on the Too leaky code, which can bypass Most firewalls, i'm sure most of you "security concious peepz" have read about it.
I now use sygate, as it seems the only one that flags it, and there is really only one Virus Program, AVP pro Platinum. Norton 2002 AV DOES not get rid of all traces of the stuff it says it has found, by advice from a guy in MS, i steered well clear from Norton, but seems lots of people love it,

Security wise in XP, I run AVP Monitor 24/7 and Sygate Pro 5 Full.

Luckily in the UK we have strict Data laws, and could sue the police if they ever tried too use the magic lantern device over here.
But in the US its a different story, This IS happening, and Norton Are Supporting it, If you wanna be safe get AVP:)

had problems with norton and my xp so tried avg from
www.grisoft.com
which is a free for most people I believe ( at least in the uk and a few other places) i am very pleased with it and the method it uses for detection

Kaspersky's Antiviral Toolkit Pro 3.5.x IS the way to go, believe me !!! It sees and disinfects viruses that others like Norton, McAfee, Panda,..., don't !
The choice is simple, I think !

AVG has worked the best for me, besides the fact that it is a LEGAL free program, i am broke and need to pay my bills so i don't have the money to spend on AV programs, but thankfully there are other people out there just as poor as me putting out free programs for us, heh........and yeah, as posted before, you can get it here: www.grisoft.com

norton 2002 working fine here xp pro.
to stop trojans use this program.

The Cleaner by moosoft
superb prog not only stops u getting them it can safely remove them too
hooch

Ive gone through several virus scanners in my time, t-bav, norton, the very old AVP versions, then AVX, and mcafee.

my favourite scanner of all time was the original verisons of AVP ..i have just deleted norton, cause i couldnt be bothered working out how to intergrate it into the right click scan individual file thingy... :rolleyes:

im going to try the new AVP version 4. its such a pain trying to work out which scanner works best. everyone has different preferances. i would suggest downloading as many as you could be bothered using and use each for a few days or until you find that it sux, or is good...

cheers,

J

Heh

Ontrack Fix-It Utilities 4.0

Ontrack.com
fixit4_thm.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back