best amd xp athlon motherboard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kush, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Kush

Kush High On Life!

what is the best for the amd xp athlon motherboard, doesnt matter the price. with features and can handle fast eide devices, usb 2.0 and either works with ddr ram or rd ram.

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

I would look at the Asus boards myself.

:cool:

3. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

a7v333 i agree

4. LightWave

LightWave OSNN Addict

5. Kush

Kush High On Life!

ddr sd???

what is ddr-sd ram and its not better than ddr ram right? what are the differences.

6. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

it is the same thing DDR stands for double data rate

ddr is a type of sdram like pc133 .

ddr sdram is same as ddr ram. just a shorter name then
    double data rate synchronus dynamic random access memory or DDR, lol

7. LPDad

LPDad OSNN Addict

Gee...

Doesn't anyone like RD-Ram????

(costs alot more, therefore it should be alot better...Right??)

Hehe
    :D

8. Kush

Kush High On Life!

so ddr is better?

so ddr is better than rd i thought rd was much better!

9. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

RDram runs at a higher clock frequency than ddr. 600 or 800mhz instead of ddr which can be from 266 to like 400mhz very soon. HOWEVER, however, ddr has a higher bandwidth than rdram and can move information faster and can more MORE QUICKER than rdram can

10. Kush

Kush High On Life!

hey tbird94sc

hey tbird94sc how is ur pc cooled with water do u have a hose kooked up to ur pc or what or a tap? hahahaha no realy i want to know:D ;) :p

11. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

it has a water block. basically it is a copper block that is hollow with 2 tubes attatched to it so water can go in and out of it.

the water flows from a resivour which holds about 2 gallons of water to the radiator. the radiator is what cools the water down. it just so happens that i modified a refridgerator and put the radiator inside the freezer to make everything cooler. it then flows from the radiator to the water block and from water block back to resivour. ill take pics and post them in a bit

it works perfectly and it runs at about 12C all the time which is about 53.6 degrees farenheit on load. idle is nort much lower at about 45 farenheit.

12. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

if ur interested in it check out this site. they sell cases with water coolers prebuilt into them. very east to set up and they work great

http://www.koolance.com

cheapest case is about $150 with the water cooler and about $200 shipped with the water cooler and their own waterblock.

13. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

meant can move more data quicker

14. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

15. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

says waterblock and condensation stopper. the gooey stuff is the condensation stopper

16. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

17. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

18. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

19. Tbird94sc

Tbird94sc Guest

ya kno catch you always have negative comments for everyone. instead of saying i might have done it this way u say its too messy, it sucks. i happen to liek the way it is casue it is all hidden behind my desk. cant see a thing. and it works without leaks so i have no compliants.

20. Gouk

Gouk Guest

Asus A7V333