BeOS

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by SPeedY_B, Oct 31, 2002.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Has anyone else ever tried BeOS, im actually posting this via BeOS :)
    Under five minutes ive installed it, installed some nVidia drivers, and im now online surfing and IRC'ing and happily watching TV with it.
    Just wondered what everyone else thinks of it.
    (and yes, i know its no longer made, i found it on an old cd-rw :D )

2. SPeedY_B

Guess no-one else have used it then :p

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I used it when the first version was released ... I used to be on 56k, and I got this on a CD that came with a computing magazine. :D

I thought it was a pretty cool OS, but I prefer to stick to XP Pro and Slackware. ;)

4. Daedalus

Daedalus Guest

BeOS wouldnt run on my AthlonXP:(

5. dustyputer

dustyputer Guest

Tried BeOs two years ago and it was working fine at that time. Since then I wasn't thinking about it but it's a good idea to try it back.

Hope it will work with my XP 2100+ and A7V333....I will give it a try again:D

6. Daedalus

Daedalus Guest

apparently BeOS is going open-source soon and will be re-released for free, like Linux is now..Cool:)

7. SPeedY_B

BeOS isn't going opensource, BeOS no longer exists, Be Inc. Sold out to Palm, who in turn decided to cease production of the o/s, but some people have taken on board the task of 100% re-creating the o/s and once that stage has been reached they will improve from where Be Inc. left off.
    It will eventually be renamed from "Open BeOS" to something else becaore its publicly available.