Being a ... user

X-Istence

Political Access
Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed.

Being an OpenServer or UNIXWare user is like living in a house that hasn't been touched by a carpenter or inspected by an architect in years. Every morning when you wake up, the neighbor's house is a little better. You are just thankful that the floor hasn't fallen out from beneath your bed, cause you know it'll be half a decade before its fixed.

Being a Windows user is like living is a cheap vegas hotel. Every morning, you wake up with a new disease. The floor beneath your bed is likely to fall through at any time, but at least you can burn the hotel down and rebuild it or move to another room.

Being a BSD user is like living in a sturdy house that gets a new paintjob every so often, and new support beams. Not substantially changing the way it is built over the last decade. Just small changes that make it an even more sturdy house, without substantially changing much of anything.

heh. I especially like the Windows one. Burn it down! Solves problems quick.

At least with Windows the firetrucks come quickly. They have more fires, but they are quick to be on the scene.

You have a fire in a Linux building, your house will likely burn down.

psh. i only burn my windows house down once a month.. and thats only because it back talks me and i have to show it who is the boss.

You forgot MacOS, what we have to say about these?

I'd say its like living in a very very expensive, pretentious house where everything is very simple and ...expensive.

:devious:

Electronic Punk said:
Someone is biased.

madmatt said:
I think so.

Can't be biased. I got it from a Windows user himself. I gave him the first 2, and he made up the third one. Then the 4th one is one i made up. The first 1 is from someone who uses Linux for practically everything, second is from a system administrator at a company in the US, where everything is still run on AIX, and Sun.

Bootsy said:
You forgot MacOS, what we have to say about these?

I'd say its like living in a very very expensive, pretentious house where everything is very simple and ...expensive.

:devious:

I did not make one up for that, as it is not my area of expertise, and there was noone around that could come up with a good one. If i were to make this one up, then it would be bias like madmatt and electronicpunk are insinuating.

hah.

I'd say. Well you all know I am biased.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back