becoming a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreamliner77 said:
In Texas I'd hope he could get a real taco. I miss living in cali and being able to get real mexican food.
It's not real mexican food in TX, it's TexMex ... YUCK! I want REAL mexican food

I'll take all the TexMex that you don't want...I love it.

Yeah, I love it too. Although there are usually some hole-in-the-wall places that serve the real thing. I'm sure there are some of those in Dallas, Jewelzz.

Nope, certainly do not.

I say remove the damn paypal links as well.

My two cents of the PayPal thing...

I remember when Maveric169 posted about his mom and the immediate response was to take down the link. I think that response set a precedent for what OSNN's view on such things should be. It may not be a written rule, but we can't have a double-standard by telling one member "no" and others "yes." I think the issue needs to be acted on, and a written rule added if necessary.

damn.... I just finished making chicken tacos , rice and beans...
i should've checked the board earlier, I could have made a lot more... :)

I mean this with no offense to anyone, but when I first saw the paypal link for I think it was a laptop fund I was kinda shocked. My first thought was, wow the admins of the forum feel that asking for help to pay for a laptop was a much more worthy cause than me asking for help to keep a roof over my mothers head. That is just F'ed up.

I understood the reasons the admins posted for their decision on my post, and while I was dishearted by that decision, I understood the reasoning behind it, and it was for very valid reasons.

But what I do find a bit disconcerting is that a decision in my case was made in what about 3hrs time, and this post discussion has been going for 3 days. I will support the admins decision on the matter no matter what it is, but I do think a decision should be made and a official written standard needs to be set.

Rule will be discussed and added. For now, please PM me the names of the members that have a paypal link so they can be removed for now.

I understand how you feel Maveric

Dang... this went from nice taco talk to seriousness... that's what I consider dishearting.. and I never got my dang taco. BTW there's only one real mexican place where I live.... besides downtown, which doesn't count, unless you want to walk into someone's house and offer them money to make you food... good way to get shot though

Evil Marge said:
Good post Maveric :D
How is your mam btw?
She is doing ok, we were able to convince the CA state housing authority to intervene and extend the deadlines to give us more time with lower payments each month, so we have so far been able to scrape together the payments for now anyway, but I think we will be able to pull it off. I got a roommate to help pay my rent so I have a bit more money to put toward the payments. It is just a frustraing ordeal, but without hardship, how would we ever know when things were going good. ;)

Taggert

I appreciate the thought, he's on a Rage 128 now so it would help him out, but he's in Canada so shipping and import duties would make the GE3 as expensive as buying one up there. I sent him an old CPU and MB a few years ago and shipping was $25 and the duties were $25. The MB and CPU were barely worth that!

Gonaads
As for that taco picture, sadistic man, really sadistic. I had surgery 6 weeks ago and won't be able to eat mexican until October. After seeing that picture I"M ON WITHDRAWAL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for turning this from a serious thread to a hands-over-the-ears subject.

I must go and do that to a few topics, I will be dissed completely.

This thread is about people I think that can afford to buy laptops, people that can buy computer components, maverick169 I aint mentioning you atall, I feel for you.

Thanks for turning it into a food thread, you have insulted my integrity.

Maveric169 said:
She is doing ok, we were able to convince the CA state housing authority to intervene and extend the deadlines to give us more time with lower payments each month, so we have so far been able to scrape together the payments for now anyway, but I think we will be able to pull it off. I got a roommate to help pay my rent so I have a bit more money to put toward the payments. It is just a frustraing ordeal, but without hardship, how would we ever know when things were going good. ;)
I'm glad to hear that it's working out for you all :cool:

Oh and you made a good point there Lee.

Lee said:
Thanks for turning this from a serious thread to a hands-over-the-ears subject.

I must go and do that to a few topics, I will be dissed completely.

This thread is about people I think that can afford to buy laptops, people that can buy computer components, maverick169 I aint mentioning you atall, I feel for you.

Thanks for turning it into a food thread, you have insulted my integrity.

The original topic never disappeared, and you now have some definitive answers to your concerns. You shouldn't be insulted because nobody attacked you... we all know that most threads are hijacked a bit, and those people aren't insulted. Just relax a bit.

muzikool said:
hijacked a bit, and those people aren't insulted. Just relax a bit.

yes... some of us are a bit more concerned with mex/texmex food than paypal links... and not everyone here has money to buy any bit of computer stuffs they want.. I'm on my brother's straight-up factory HP... can I get a bit of a w00t? but seriously, I couldn't care less if there's a paypal link in someone's sig. you don't have to click it if you don't want, and if you do, then you can. it's that simple... I think the admins should do a bit of history re-writing-bit-ness and not bother messing with the paypal deal. I don't think there's a bit of a problem with it as long as a thread isn't started saying "HELP ME BUY A NEW $5 MILLION DIGITAL ULTRASONIC MACH18 32-NINER RUBBER DUCKY"<-- that just has ignorance written across it in a fine, mauve sharpy. the end. bit.

I suppose I may need a break, maybe that's why it appears that I have been getting on peoples nerves and getting the hump.

So see you when the next red moon is above Kemsing hills. BYE :)

I haven't replied (apart from the taco thing) as I haven't really considered my position on the matter.

I did give someone, sorry to say who it was eludes me, permission to stick something in there signature, and I was happy as long as it didn't have a big click here to give me cash logo and conformed to all the other guidelines.

I personally would never beg for money, because, to be honest, I really don't need it. I am more than confident that the many hundreds of dollars I have spent on this site will gradually find their way back to me. Sorry to say I don't remember Maveric's situation, perhaps alot has happened since then, perhaps I was drunk. Sorry about that, we should have been more considerate and I hope everything is well.

For the time being, I would ask that no-one puts any kind of click-for-cash or paypal type links in there signatures, but if you want to support the site feel free to click on every banner. twice. daily. and tell your friends to.

[edit ]] and is this a bad time to mention that I like to keep the less than serious (some would perhaps even call them spam!!) posts out of the tech support sections? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back