Battlefield 2

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
Battlefield 2 works just fine on the latest RC2 version of Vista. actually runs much smoother than XP did. the latest nvidia drivers for 32bit vista had no isses or any glitches. worked great!

How is it running smoother on Vista? I heard "all gaming will be 10-15% slower on Vista due to WPF" (which I believe is bogus since the fancy effects are turned off when the game starts..)

I am curious because if it really is good, then I will gladly install it on Vista! It ran pretty bad on my XP box, pretty much just because of RAM limitations. I already excessively access my pagefile.. I need more RAM :(

as opposed to what? i forgot what gaming was like before XP.

DOS?????? LOL

i cant tell you why it runs better, but it does. the graphics seem to be more smooth than XP. i dont know if its the drivers that came for vista that changed in Xp. no idea. just thought i would share some love and let you all know.

Its most likely to be DX10 if that is on vista and the drivers, rather than Vista itself, as the difference between XP and Vista isn't really like the difference between a skoda and a ferrari :)

DX10 makes no difference with a card that is DX9 none at all

agreed. mine is not DX10 capable. i have a 6800GS OC

agreed. mine is not DX10 capable. i have a 6800GS OC

its not capable but run the same games as a dx10...since it has SM 3.0....

the first game that will come out (Crysis) will run in dx 10 and dx9 + SM 3.0..

The new games will have dx10 and also dx 9 why because if they all went DX10 right away they would loose 95% of their sales.

Been thinking on the BF2 improved performance and after reading benchies from NetRyder I'm pretty sure the improvement comes from better utilization of multithreading and multiprocessors in Vista.

My BF2 chokesperiodically as some background task kicksin and starves yhe BF2 thread of resources. This has not been apparent on BF 2142. On the other hand BF2142 has issues with choking the the game server or the Internet connection.

Takes a tough server to run BF 2142. Many servers forbid moving the Titans off the main base. It overloads them badly. Really annoying since close air support is necessary to replace the Orbital bombardemnt that is not available in Titan mode.

LeGen aka NMO_LeGen

Takes a tough server to run BF 2142. Many servers forbid moving the Titans off the main base. It overloads them badly. Really annoying since close air support is necessary to replace the Orbital bombardemnt that is not available in Titan mode.

LeGen aka NMO_LeGen

I don't know, it makes you have to think of a better strategy and watch the ground positions more if you can't move the titan off its starting point.

idle... what are your system specs? cos i tried bf2 on vista rc2 w/ lastest nv drivers (my graphics board is a 7600gs) and it runs way slower than on xp sp2

it works perfect, just really slow (same as f.e.a.r.)

All games will be slower on Vista thats the price we pay each new OS ... but hardware is so much faster now it really wont matter in the end.

idle... what are your system specs? cos i tried bf2 on vista rc2 w/ lastest nv drivers (my graphics board is a 7600gs) and it runs way slower than on xp sp2

it works perfect, just really slow (same as f.e.a.r.)

AMD 3000+ 64bit Athlon
2gig DDR 400 mem
250 SATA drive
BFG Geforce 6800 GC OC AGP 8x
Audigy 2 Gamer sound card

Nothing is overclocked except my video card but it was done by BFG

not true, just not true

what? games being slower on vista? why wouldn't they be? it uses more resources and drivers are less optimized

it's true that in the end it won't matter... it's the same as what happened with xp

in response to idle comment: that's weird... maybe it's the 2gb of ram (i only got 1 and vista needs a lot)

not true, just not true

i would have to agree. i thought that when i first tested Vista out, but the last build i have is basically flawless for what i use it for.( the last connect beta build 5744?)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back