battlefield 2 issues

Ok, well do you have any other Video cards laying around your house you could throw in to test out? I have a strange feeling its your GPU. It could be overheating... or already damaged. I could just be very pessimistic though :p

well at a quick glance from a while ago my video card fan did look a lil clogged with dust. been meaning to pick up a can of compressed air to clean it out. i guess that could be a cause.......but sounds like a far off chance

Overheating would cause graphical problems like you describe.. just not sure why you system does not completely freeze with it. At anyrate..... I would clean that fan out.

just blew out the dust from the video card (there was a lot)

naturally tried it again and of course nothing has changed. this is a noodle-scratcher :dead:

im sure it's my drivers but i can't figure it out what it is. im starting to think i might have to reformat.....

Well, as I said it could already be damaged. Was the fan even spinning? Soudns like it had a ton of dust build up. You said you have used two sets of drivers with no luck... that makes me think its not the drivers. I am using the latest Nvidia drivers atm and everything is working fine.

Do you have a old AGP video card laying aroudn you can try out?

i guess i'll try to pop in my old ATI 9200se i have from a while back....i really hope that doesn't work though hahaha. im happy with my current card

btw: the fan is still running

Ok, glad you have another card to test with. I mean was the fan spinning before you cleaned it out?

Be sure to use driver cleaner before you install the ATI card.

Okay. This didn't go too well.

Turned off comp. Took out my nvidia and put in my old ATI 9200se. Powered up into safe mode, uninstalled nvidia drivers and used drive cleaner aftewards. Restarted and before I got to install the ATI drivers got a blue screen. Said "bad_pool_caller" and a few other things about if i recently installed new hardware to disable or remove it. Dumping physical memory and so on. I restarted and then it went back into windows. But nothing really worked it was like it was lagging at the slowest rate ever. Turned off computer and decided to abort testing ATI card and reinstalled nvidia card and its driver.

And here I am....

EDIT: BTW, before all that I tried 3DMark05 program. Can only try the trial version, clicked to run a test and it caused the screen to blink a lot and then just went black until i hit escape. That's all I can say from that =\

Sounds like you were having a driver problem. What you should do is.....

- Uninstall Nvidia drivers from Control panel Reboot
- Use Driver Cleaner to remove anything left from the old drivers Shutdown
- Remove 6600, and install 9200 Bootup
- Install ATI drivers Reboot

You shouldnt have any problems if you follow that order.

Tried the steps u set out Aprox, but I had the same problems. After uninstalling nvidia's drivers and card and installing the 9200 i booted up and the system wasn't working very well and I got that blue screen error message I mentioned above earlier. Tried the same thing in safemode but I couldn't isntall the driver, had errors along with the Microsoft .net framework file ATI site said to install first. Afterwards I restarted AGAIN but into normal mode (32 bit i guess? i don't know) and has the blue screen error message again.

Possibility: even my old 9200 be damaged?, Possible improper format and XP installalation? Even worse: the new mobo/cpu?!?!?! (dear god i hope not)

p.s. im back to the nvidia again lol

This is all very odd, I dont want to keep sending you on wild goose chases But I fear it may be the only way to figure this out. The next step I would personally take (and you dont want to hear this) is to install the ATI card again... and then do a nice clean format.

If your games work... albeit crappy looking... you know its your 6600 card. Then you can determine if its a driver related or card related problem. (I think its the card)

Your right, I didn't want to hear that. lol

Well I don't know quite what to say anymore, it's a very tiring day when you reinstall and uninstall the same things many times throughout a day. I believe sometime in the near future I WILL do the format but call it stubborn pride but I'll give my 6600gt the benefit of the doubt....this did afterall only occur post-format. After format I will ensure I install all the drivers properly (is there a certain sequence I must follow? such as cpu driver first, followed by LAN and etc). After that's all done I'll take another crack at BF2 hehe

Well, upon entering a nice fresh install of windows I always take this order:

1. Chipset Driver Package
2. Video Drivers
3. Audio
4. Lan & Misc
5. Windows Update

I reboot between each of them as well. It helps to have the drivers ready on a CD/Thumb Drive/Partition/Network Drive so when you get into windows you dont need to dl them. (unless you do windows update first)

for the chipset driver package, so i install directly from the manufacturer's CD or should i just install the latest ones from their website instead?

Latest from their site, I think its 6.67 or something like that.

6.67?

I just know you have to download the different drivers individually. I just e-mailed BFG which is the company where I bought my nvidia card from with my problem. IF they respond I'll post it up if anything helpful :p

For your Chipset drivers, do you know what chipset you have? Nforce 3 maybe?

I believe it's ULI the ASRock site says my chipset is ULI M1695 but it has another one for southbridge.

Would it be better to install drivers from the ASRock website or from the chipset site, in my case ULI.

Last edited:
just got this from BFG

Just to make sure, you have version 2.13 available
here:http://www.uli.com.tw/eng/support/drivers.php
correct?
You also may want to roll back a version or two on the nvidia drivers, we've
been getting mixed reviews from users about the current driver set.

went to the website and i'm not even sure which driver to pick.
my northbridge: ULI M1695
southbridge: ULI M1567

*according to ASROCK specs on my motherboard, also is there a specific way to install the drivers like uninstalling drivers currently installed, using drive cleaner and installing the ULI driver

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back