Battlefield 2 Cursors on XP :: Easier than you would think.

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by JL Renegade, Jun 24, 2005.

1. JL Renegade

JL Renegade OSNN Addict

Well, just surfing through the Battlefield 2 filesmaking mental notes of what was there, and I stumbled upon a few ani files. For those of you who have no idea what those are, they are animated cursors.

[​IMG]

Open your control panel and go to "Mouse". From there go to the "Pointers" tab and then select a theme. Click the pointer you wish to change and then hit the "Browse" button. Browse to your Battlefeild Directory, then go to \mods\bf2\menu\External\FlashMenu\Cursor\

There you will find the following:

[+] cursor_arrow.ani :: This is the cursor on the main menu in BF2 that has a glow every so often.
    [+] cursor_busy.ani :: This is the two that revolves around when the application is doing something.
    [+] cursor_text.ani :: This is just the little I-bar that says you are in a text area.
    [+] cursor_wait.ani :: This is the background process busy pointer. Looks nice at that.

There are a few more, but none that are important. For those of you without Battlefield, ask and I can either e-mail or host the cursors, as I don't think that would cause problems. I mean, the BF llogo spinning on your desktop is the best advertising a company can have. :nervous:

Cheers.