Battlefield 1942

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Dove, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Dove

Dove Guest

Not sure that this post should be in this forum. Interested in getting some advice/feed back on overclocking my GForce2 MX400 with 64mb through PCI. I've done a benchtest and says I could overclock.

Currently running at 85mhz and I thought maybe 120mhz would be OK without frying up the system. Dont know what cooling this card has.

Many thanks
  2. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

yeah you can over clock... download the new beta nvidia detonators and get coolbits. those cards are very overclockable :0).
  3. Dove

Dove Guest

Thanks Ace. Is that the new 40.72 driver? Why do I need Coolbits - can I just o/c from the nvidia screen? Also what is a good safe level (180mhz)
  4. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

Hertfordshire, UK
    Its hard to really say - It depending on how much extra cooling you have inside your system (fans, heat sincs etc)

The general reccommended advice when overclocking is to slowly increase the level in small incramenets e.g 5Mhz and run stress tests at the new setting (games, Battlefield 1942 etc) - if it runs fine, try raising it, but stop when the system starts to lock and the increment down a step. That way you won't raise the celing so much that you kill your card.