bad soundcard?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mike09, Sep 16, 2003.

1. mike09

mike09 Moderator

if some of you remember i blew out my speakers a few weeks ago. so now that i got replacement speakers they sound a load better but something bothers me. in winamp when i change the equalizer setting i dont hear changes. like i would go from a livew setting to a full bass and trebble setting to a pop setting or something and wont hear anything different. i bet its my soundcard but is this kind of problem enough evidence to justify buying a new card or do i need to do more tests? thanks in advance.

edit: i have a sound blaster live! that came with my computer when i bought it april of last year.

2. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

do you have the little "ON" button clicked on the eq? there should be a little grean light lit up if it is.

3. mike09

mike09 Moderator

4. mike09

mike09 Moderator

alright i think i got it to work now. but when i went to best buy today i saw and was listening to the altec lansing vs4121 there are $30 more and sounded great. does anyone have any experiences with these new ones and how do they compare to my altec lansing 2100's

5. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

I wouldn't really know I bought Klipsch promedia 5.1's. You might want to start a new thread, asking about those speakers.